si head on a d15

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CivicsWest

has anyone every heard of puting a si head on a d15. I hear its suppose to have more torque then a dohc zc but 20 less hp? I have a si head to do this with till i get my b16 but i don't want to waste my time for nothing . thanks for the help :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :D

si sohc vtec head right?
that will yield around 130 or 135 horse
not sure on torque numbers

but the head will not bolt to a zc block
only a single cam d15 block

no vtec just a d16 head on a d15, another site said it has about 109hp but lots of torque(don't know the exact number). :spin:

yes any sohc head can fit on any sohc block, with in reaosn of course...

like not f series head on d series block

d to d
but the twin cam d's should just be considered completely diffrent cause you cannot do head swaps like these with them...

also look in the tech ARTICLES or refrence section or how to write up for "building an all motor HF" or something like that

i think it calls for an 8 valve block with a 16 valve head and it gives you hella horse and hella compression cause the pictons only have valve reliefs for 2 valves instead of the 4 on a 4 valve motor

Are you talking about a 4th gen civic/ CRX SI head? Cause if that is the case, then yes you are talking about 30 maybe even as high as 40 horse power at the fly when using the SI ecu, intakemanifold, and distributor. Also if you have the SI valve train helps out too, as the DX cam is not that agressive. There is a bit of wiring done is this swap, but it is not as bad as everyone trys to make it out to be. It took me about 6 hours to figure out and wire up the car once everything else was in.
This diagram should be a good help for wiring puposes:
dx-to-sib.gif

Oh and if you need more info do a search for MPFI swaps.

HOLY CRAP Master Racer!! i saw that web page like last year, when i was plaing on doing my si swap into my DX crx, and i had to clean of my hard dive and lost ALL my fav.'s i was soo mad i couldnt find that page at all!! wuts that sight? can u PM it to me? id be real greatfull! thanks alot man.
Tyler

Back