Si trany not lining up with Zc

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yspeed

I'm trying to put a Zc into a 89 Si but the Tran won't line up with the Zc. Thanx for the help.

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Oct 8 2003, 03:45 PM
u need a 90-91 SI tranny i believe the imput shaft on the 89 is a different size.

No thats wierd the 88's were the only trannys that had different input shafts. I had an 89 DX tranny on my D16Z6 that I had in my 89 Civic DX Hatch. Someone might had another engine and tranny installed into your car and it might be from an 88.......you know like if the other engine and tranny went out and had another one just laying around so they installed it.

:withstupid: My 89 CRx si tranny bolted upto to my 95 z6 in my old 91 civic. It fit exactly like my original 91dx tranny did, no different.

If you don't know what you are talking about, do not reply or put I think. We don't need a lot of mis information.

It's the D16a trany with the Dohc Zc,I only tryed for like 10 minutes then I gave open and ever since then I have not touched it.So do I need to get a new tran or No, Cuz that would suck. thanx for the help

Originally posted by jlicrx@Oct 9 2003, 02:57 AM
do you have a ZC or a D16A1 from integra? they are not the same

they are not the same engine but the tranny should bolt up to either motor

Originally posted by evoracer03@Oct 9 2003, 12:08 PM
they are not the same engine but the tranny should bolt up to either motor

the D16A1 and the DOHC ZC use different transmissions - the D16A1 will almost bolt to the L3 transmission - you can get 4 of the 5 transmission bolts in - you can get only one bolt in the starter - no hole in the back of the block for the long bolt

It should bolt, but like ProspeedCTR said it could've been switched out. Your best bet is to buy a zc tranny, it better anyway.

And then a nother question is how do I line up the left motor mount.On the Zc it's at the front left of the motor and on the motor mount is on the side. What do I do about that? Thanx for all the help

As for a new tranny screw that to much money I just want to get my car on the road, But if I have to buy a new one I will but right now no thanx

And what about after market parts I would like to maybe get a turbo,But for now I'm just goin to buy like intake and pullieas what do I get????

As for the tranny it did line up Thanx for all the advice, I did However had to sand t the Tranny a lil oh well. Tape will fix that*lol* No one will see. But ya about after market parts what about new Intake what kind should I get for the Zc thanx for the help.One more thing How much would it be for a rear disc brake conversion.And what would I need.

get aem intake, and i THINK all you need for the rear disc conversion is the hubs from a crx si :\ im not sure though so dont quote me.

Back