simple cat question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tphan4

my question is .....will a 3 inch high flow cat restrict power on my turbo? since generally people who run turbos dont say not using cats are best. And I was wondering If I do use this cat will it pass MA emissions?

yes, it will restrict power, and although i don't know the emission standards in your state, it shouldn't pass without a cat if you have tailpipe tests

Just run the cat, you will loose like 3hp or less. Regardless you will never feel the difference from the lost horsepower. Besides it is illegal most if not all states to run a car without a cat. Unless the car was built before 1976 (or at least that is what it is here in Ca.).

cats eat a lot of power on turbo cars. but you won't pass emissions and will be screwed if you get pulled over by a dickhead cop in mass. just run the cat.

:werd:

spend the money, get a good high flow cat

you could always weld up a quick straight pipe replacement for the cat for use at the track :)

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Nov 22 2004, 12:47 PM
:werd:

spend the money, get a good high flow cat

you could always weld up a quick straight pipe replacement for the cat for use at the track :)
[post=420399]Quoted post[/post]​

E-Cutout?

or give a straight pipe the appearance of a cat by putting a heat shield over it, it would look legal anyways im not sure how they do an official test of your emissions though im blessed with living in a smog filled redneck wasteland :D

Back