1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simple supercharger question

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by Capt. Orygun, Aug 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capt. Orygun

Capt. Orygun Win the Day

okay, while all funding for my car has been paused due to my vacation savings, I've decided to learn about superchargers. And while howstuffworks.com has a wealth of knowledge on the turbocharger, it leaves me with questions. I understand the principles of forced induction in general, I want some specific info. Tried google, couldn't find anything worth writing home about. Anyone got a good link?

2. Havok

Havok Senior Member

3. Capt. Orygun

Capt. Orygun Win the Day

looks like a good book, thankx for finding the link...

So what I'm making of this, is that you like doing favors for homosexuals?? I think that's what it means...

4. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

That is a good link. I'll have to look through that later on today if I have time.

An over simplified explanation of what a supercharger is is there is a compressor wheel connected by a shaft to a pulley which is then connected by a belt to the crankshaft. I forget the power rob/per output ratio...I think it's something like it uses 1 hp to make 10. So you really only gain 9 hp off that ratio...someone will correct me on that because I know it's not right.

5. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

stop being morons. thread closed. there is no need for you two to CONSTANTLY go back and forth. take it to pm, or take it the fuck off the board.

6. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

Please direct all questions aimed for one member to a Private Message (PM). There is no need for "ATTN: Member" posts when there is access to the PM system.

This topic has been closed by a moderator. Please continue this message in PM format.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.