Simple SWAP ?'s

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

AccordH22PWr

Hae if i had a 93 civic hatchback and i wanted to put the d16 (ex) engine into it, how much would you guys think the install costs would be?

Originally posted by AccordH22PWr@Dec 18 2004, 10:17 PM
Hae if i had a 93 civic hatchback and i wanted to put the d16 (ex) engine into it, how much would you guys think the install costs would be?
[post=434316]Quoted post[/post]​

This is not a swap worth doing. Help your d15 breath easier with I/H/E and you will have the same performance as the swap. My cuz has the EX and I have an LX with the above mods, there is not much difference. If anything I am faster.

I just swaped my 93 lx two weekends ago with a B16 (SIR II). I was done by the end of the weekend. This is a simple swap. I got the complete swap from HMO. Plus belts hoses water pump etc. from majestic honda. It all just bolted in. I had to run the V-Tec wires and the knock sensor. If you look at my album and click on B16 swap you will find pictures of it.

Since you just saud 93 hatch, it's hard to say that a D16Z6 wouldn't be worth it. If you have a CX or VX it most definitely is a decent swap and cheap since a lot of people throw the motors away in lew of B series.

My friends cx with a ex swap ran 15.3 and i think he don't even have exhaust on. That swap is worth it if u ask me.

That's ashit engine, just save your money for a B16 or LS swap.

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Dec 21 2004, 06:16 PM
That's ashit engine, just save your money for a B16 or LS swap.
[post=435589]Quoted post[/post]​

The issue isn't so much the engine but the tranny and drive line. The b-series stuff is so much better. The intermediate shaft also eliminates torque steer. The stronger you make your d-series the more the torque steer will rear its ugly head.

Bah, that engine is crap. I mean, it's alright if it came in the car, but to swap? Please. Just save for a B-series.

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Dec 21 2004, 10:24 PM
Bah, that engine is crap. I mean, it's alright if it came in the car, but to swap? Please. Just save for a B-series.
[post=435678]Quoted post[/post]​

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you. I love my B16A, but my D15B7 was a great engine I beat the shit out of it for 187,000 miles and it never let me down. With intake, header and exhaust it really came alive and I enjoyed it very much.

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Dec 22 2004, 05:24 AM
[post=435678]Quoted post[/post]​

It is a shit engine, but comparing $500 to $2300 is hard to do for some people, and hell going from 70hp to 124hp is a BIG jump. Where else can you get a safe 54hp for $500 or less?

Good point, John. But an LS swap should be able to be had for under a grand if you look hard enough. I dunno. I just hate single cams, lol.

I hear you, just looking in the bay it seems like something is missing with a SOHC.

Save for a swap. I dont think that the swap you are talking about is worth it, wait for something more beneficial, like a b16 or b18c1 :). Hey Friz!

If you want some hp without spending a shitload of cash than I would do a mini-me swap. From what I've heard they can be pretty badass and better than a plain d16y8 or other d-series vtec

Back