Since people seem to be in the mood

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Battle Pope

Hitting a fucking utility pole. That's a funny one.

EDIT: Full story later on... I'm in no condition to explain it now.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Feb 8 2005, 05:09 PM
Hitting a fucking utility pole. That's a funny one.

EDIT: Full story later on... I'm in no condition to explain it now.
[post=458210]Quoted post[/post]​

Been there, done that. I'm glad you're alive and well enough to type on a keyboard. :)

pole's always win...

except this one time... a pick up hit one- went right through the pole (took out like the center chunck of it) and the dude walked out of his truck. he was sleeping. didn't get hurt at all.

E can post more details- i wasn't there.

Yeah, I've done it before too. Fell asleep at the wheel for 5 seconds on the way home from a stressful business trip and ran right into a 2 foot wide concrete pole a quarter mile away from my apartment. What sucks is that I just made a turn not 100 yards from where I hopped the curb and hit the pole. I walked away with just a bit of whiplash, and nobody else was involved. Thank goodness.

Pics from 2 years ago: https://hondaswap.com/~mike/camry

I'll let BP tell his story though.

Dude, I'm really sorry. That sucks, if it was you, I know you put a lot of money and work into your car. My condolences my friend.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 8 2005, 06:59 PM
pole's always win...

except this one time... a pick up hit one- went right through the pole (took out like the center chunck of it) and the dude walked out of his truck. he was sleeping. didn't get hurt at all.

E can post more details- i wasn't there.
[post=458257]Quoted post[/post]​

early / mid 90s toyota pickup w/ brush guard... driver fell asleep... veered off the road... through the pole.... transformer dangling.... me and a friend of mine were leaving a diner... heard the crash... ran up the road to see what happened.... guy was absolutly fine.... didnt even know what happened.... wires hanging all kindsa low.... i look up the street and see one of those bus sized RVs comming..... "RUNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"...... RV hits the wires.... rips them off the pole.... sparks everywhere.... transformer didnt blow up :( ..... cops finally show up.... went home

and another similar one
girl in a jeep wrangler.... fell asleep at the wheel.... veered off to the right... took out 12 posts on a wire guardrail.... once again no injuries at all..... chilled there with her till a cop showed up then took off (just got done running from a cop in the next town over about a half hour earlier so we werent about to hang around :) )

moral of the story... if you're gunna hit a pole, hope that you are asllep when you do it

yea now all you gotta do is put a bullet in the head of the person that was driving :lol: who was driving? pics? story?

I was driving. I just wasn't driving my car. I totalled the company truck :p

Well, not technically my fault. I was run off the road on one of the back roads in town.

Here, I'll make you feel better...at least you didn't kill your ricebucket, y0....

Im000404.jpg

Im000403.jpg

Im000409.jpg

Im000410.jpg

Im000412.jpg

Im000417.jpg

Im000418.jpg

R.I.P. FoDo :(

Back