1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sir Axles

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by ef9civicgen4, Jun 17, 2003.

1. ef9civicgen4

ef9civicgen4 Senior Member

if i buy a B16a1/sir1 and it comes with the stock sir axles, do i still need to make custom axles or will the sir axles work without modifing. also i an confused. if my conversion comes with all this what do i need to put it in a 1989 Honda Civic DX.

- Motor
    - Cable Tranny (Y1, S1, J1)
    - ECU (PR3, PW0)
    - Axles with Half Shaft
    - Shift Linkage
    - Stock Motor Mounts
    - Alternator
    - Starter
    - Clutch
    - Flywheel
    - Intake Manifold
    - Exhaust Manifold
    - Fuel Rail
    - Injectors
    - Distributor
    - Engine Harness
    - Comes With All Sensors Needed

thanks if you can help.

2. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

yes, the axles will work - the stock motor mounts will not work - you will need a mount kit like Hasport - the wiring harness will not work - it is backwards, since in Japan it plugs in on the passenger side, but you can use all of the connectors from it - you will need to do the DPFI to MPFI wiring swap - use your DX harness and add the necessary wires

3. ef9civicgen4

ef9civicgen4 Senior Member

okay, i have lots of speaker wire and electrical tape. why can't i just cut the harness in half and extend each wire about four feet. i know its a shitty way to do it, but it will save me about $250 if i buy the one from hasport. for some reason the harness to convert a DX is $150 more than the SI conversion.

4. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

You ahve to convert because your DX used a Dual Point Fuel Injection system (2), and the B16 uses a Multi Point Fuel Injection system (4). So you need to wire it from DPFI to MPFI, then you can just add the vtec wires.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted