sir-II will not start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civic-style

I just finished installing the sir-II in a 95 civic dx. All my wires are added and I am using a p30 ecu. When I tried to start it, it would just crank over. I didn't wire a knock sensor. Also the map sensor and evap purge are hooked up. I have spark but after cranking it I pulled the spark plugs and they were wet. So if anyone who did this swap could help it would be good.

P.S. I also don't have a throttle cable yet.

heres the problems i cam across, hey make sure your tps sensor is hooked up, the one plug in the back undernieth the intake manifold is plugged in, get your knock sensor plugged in, look throughout this site, you can get a diagram of your ecu to find out where to plug it in at, im doing the swap right now actrually, i finally got it turn over but its running shitty, let me know how you do cause i think my prob is the vacum lines, and i need help myself and also what kinda noises is it making when its truin to turn over?

we made the crx w/ the b16 run better when we replaced the cap, rotor and ignition wires and plugs. Also get all that water out of there before you take off the plugs because you can fuck it up if something falls in. We didn't wire in the knock sensor in the beginning, and all we got was a cel light, but I don't know how obd1 reacts because we were running a 1st gen b16a. Well hope I helped some, good luck to you

One quick thing is that most places power wash the motors to clean them up so they look pretty for you. So the sensors get wet and stay wet utill you unplug them and let them dry out.. also I may be wrong but you may need to get the throttle cable before you crank it up.... The butterfly valve wil be closed completely and will not let any air into the motor..

check simple things first, as goofy as this sounds, it really does make a difference.

1. make sure your battery cables are nice clean and tight (one time i skipped this one and speant 4 hours trying to figure out other shit on why my car wouldnt start, and then i tightend the cables and it fired right up.)

2. go through and double check all your grounds make sure they are clean and tight, there should be one down by the tranny, one on the thermostat housing, and one by the drivers side mount.

these two are usually the most common problem.

3. check all your fuses and make sure none of them are blown if they are replace them, and try and figure out why it blew

4. take a 1/4 inch extension and stick it in the spark plug wire, connect it to ground, and have someone crank it over and see if you are getting spark

5. turn your ignition key to the "on" position, and then loosen the fuel rail nut to make sure you are getting fuel pressure.

5. if you are getting fuel and spark change your injectors, and just replace them with your old ones, just to check and make sure.

usually the car will start after this stuff, but you said your motor was wet inside, i would take out the spark plugs and crank it over a few times

Back