Sirius has a new station line-up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Celerity

Just took a drive solely to get familiar with the new streams. As some streams were moved around, they've added some new stations as well. And the only thing they were missing were trip-Hip and downtempo. Well, now that void has been filled.

The Chill channel plays Coldplay, Massive Attack, Duncan Sheik, Portishead and the rest. And they have really good taste.

Also, if You're like me and need your nightly fix of Turkish Techno (I'm serious, I love Turkish techno) They have made the 90s range all international channels, with a more realistic idea of what that entails. Japanese speed tech, Europop and Indian house music are still there, but it's infused with tons of Caribbean pop, and south american trends. It's something to check out.

-> Steve

It's funny you mention that, I'm trying to get a job with them.

When I got my equipment, I had difficulties with the gear. Panasonic CR-SRT100 sirius unit.

I worked with their customer service, I.T. and their satellite engineers trying to get it to work. I've grown familiar with their staff, had my service upgraded and paid 4 years in advance. I'm still on free time.

That, vs the song and dance that Sony has given me on every single product makes me a strong advocate. That and my hatred of leftist-run radio bullshit that I have NO clue how people can listen to without wanting to die.

-> Steve

i like the music on sirius but the i like the quality/hardware for XM better.

fuck XM. that shit is retarded.

Alpine > kenwood > panasonic > all others > road gear > sony.

the only thing sony makes worth buying is playstation. everything else sucks, especially car audio.

Ive had sirius for well over a year now, and it kicks hell of a lot of ass. Ive heard lots of complaints about XM that the streams dont play anything worth listening to, and it doesn't even have enough to compare with Sirius on the lines of commercial free. Plus the quality is a hell of a lot better, concidering they do have 3 satellites compared to XM's only 2. Yes I do have a Kenwood deck with the Kenwood receivier, havn't any problems with the equipment, except the ribbon cable for the deck finally took the brutal punishment of being replaced ($177), but I have had the deck for over 3 years now, I consider it a bargain since I did spend almost $500 on it. I get another 3 years out of it, Ill be happy. But if you have complaints about each others product, and you dont even like the local stations, then shut up ang go and spend billions of dollars to provide another company the compete with, these people have worked hard to bring us this high quality music for us all to enjoy. If you didn't even know, Sirius almost didn't even make it, they damn near went bankrupt. But luckily they pulled it off and not only are successful, but are doing a hell of a damn job bringing us the music we want to hear.

Back