1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

skunk2 or type r?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by daa90crx, Feb 7, 2005.

1. daa90crx

daa90crx Junior Member

hey wasup people ive been wanting to get one of those manifolds named above and i was just wondering is it worth getting a skunk2 over a type r isnt supposed to be a type r copy but with bigger runners or something? so which would give me more hp gain is basically what im tryin to find out. Oh and i was wondering would there be any problem in putting in itr valves in a b16 and would it add any hp?

2. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

the skunk2 makes a little more power than the OEM ITR one
    id go for the skunk2

not too sure on the valves ... but i wouldnt bother (theres better shit out there)

3. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

the ITR valves are silghtly lighter. but if you are going to spend the money, you might as well throw in a little extra and get something even better

4. hybrid89

hybrid89 thistownsucks...

If you are interested, I have a brand new Skunk2 manifold for sale. I no longer need it because it will not fit my GSR head. LMK if you want it, I will sell if for a lot less than a company and it is brand new.
    matt

5. pitchblackb16

pitchblackb16 Member

whats up man i think you should go with the skunk 2 manifold had mine put in a few weeks ago on my 2000 si and i can feel the power gain expecially top end so its worth the money man

6. daa90crx

daa90crx Junior Member

cool thanks people, and thanks for that offer on that manifold ill see wasup cus i might have a someone who works for a honda dealership ima see how much he can get me the manifold for

7. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Get the one that is cheaper, the difference between the two is negligable.

8. Samuels

Samuels Senior Member

Do you have a pic of the skunk 2 intake manifold?? color?? location??price???

Any trades?? I got a older alpine cda7838 cd player,2 paintball guns 1 tippman,1 spyder,some small guages oil pressure,air/fuel etc autometer guages..

My email is maddenchamp1978@yahoo.com

9. SixtySecondAssassin

SixtySecondAssassin Senior Member

i would get whichever is cheaper. the type r unit might have some unnecessary nipples for vacuum lines depending on whether or not you get the usdm/jdm unit. the skunk2 mani will also have provisions for either style iac valve.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted