Skunk2 Stage 2 Cam Problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

AlucardXP

Ok, I just installed a set of Skunk2 Stage 2 cams in my b16 and when VTEC goes to cross over, the car stumbles and bogs for about 500-700 RPM then goes. I asked Skunk2 what was up and they told me to advance the intake cam 2 degrees and that didnt do anything at all. Anyone have any kind of ideas or anyone have this problem before and know how to fix it?

it happened ever since you put the cams in, or was it always like that? did you do springs and retainers as well?

definatly sounds like your switching lobes too early

VTEC is set at 5800. It does it alot worse any lower. I just dont want my VTEC sky high. I slight fixed it by leaning it out since a friend told me that his stage 3's did the same thing and it was cause he was running too lean into VTEC and now the problem has gotten better where VTEC will be smooth crossing over but its slow as hell up top...I dont wanna hear goto a dyno tho cause im a poor man ;)

i know you dont want to hear it, but it really would be your best investment at this point

go to the dyno :D

another thing to consider is that those cams are pretty agressive (the high lobes at least) and the more agressive you go with a cam the higher you need to go with compression to keep your low and mid range power.... low end is not an issue with the skunk2 cams because they run the same profile as stock on the low lobes... but that is just going to make the difference between the lobes that much more noticable

if its not going to the dyno any time soon id keep rasing the crossover point little by little till it gives you a smooth engagement

I actually fixed the problem now. It just took a bit of tuning and test driving. I found out that a friend of mine had the same problem with his stage 3's and it turned out that he was running way to rich into vtec. I had leaned out the car with the vafc and now it crosses over beautiful!

Back