skunk2 stage 2 cam settings

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bono

Hi guys,

I've an ek9 with B18 GSR swapped. Lately I got a good deal for a skunk2 stage 2 header upgrade + intake manifold. Mapped on S300. If some of u guys did experience this upgrade, can I know what cam gears settings did you used for maximum power use of the cams. I did a compression test and all is fine.

Thanks

different setups gain different numbers from different settings.bring it to a tuner and have the tuner set the timing to what makes the most power.

agree. if you don't know please try to do it yourself.

^ For that reason.

To the OP, bono. Cam timing is a great tweak for any engine in my world. I put adjustable pulleys on them all.

Find a decent tuner that will walk you through what he's doing. Any reputable tuner will ask you your objective for the tuneup. i.e. max dyno horsepower or maybe a little short of that with a more driveable personality or profile - perhaps a bit better fuel efficiency. Then, he/she should explain the process to you as it's being done - the settings, results, etc.

I would run from any "Tuner" that doesn't involve you in the process and won't let you watch the work being performed.

As an example, for some of the tweaking I do on NA SOHC & DOHC engines of a daily driver. For SOHC I usually advance the cam ~2 degrees for better low end torque, the trade off is a bit less peak horsepower at the top end. For the NA DOHC I run the exhaust cam on time and advance the intake 1 or 2 degrees of cam timing or 2-4 degrees relative to the crankshaft. Same reason, more bottom end torque and more driveable.

For maximum performance, that is not the setup - a max performance setup would be more on time or even retarded a bit.

We advised you to solicit help because it's a more advanced adjustment and could result in some catastrophic events if done incorrectly. After you watch it being done, and familiarize yourself with the "Cause and Effect" aspects, then with a bit of research, you should be able to do cam timing adjustments yourself in the future.

Last edited:
Back