skunk2 stage I and stage II cams

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

seanjuan

I plan on changing out my cams in the spring and so I'm currently searching forums and ebay for a good set of used cams. I'm considering skunk2 and recently found a set of stageII cams with skunk2 gears that I could get for $675

it would be a good deal but would mean that I would have to upgrade my springs and retainers and get my ecu chipped to that I could rev higher plus more money towards tuning

My car is mainly a daily driver that I'll be entering in a few auto-x events next summer and possibly hitting the strip just to get a number for my 1/4 time

I know the stage 2 will make more power at high rpms, but I'm wondering how they compare at lower to midrange rpm.... because 90% of my driving is between 2500 and 5500 rpm so if the stage 1 makes just as much or more power in the midrange than I might as well stick with finding a stage 1 because I wouln't HAVE to upgrade my valve train to use them

btw: I have read the Bseries cam guide a billion times now so please don't reference me to that
another option I still might do is to just get ctr cams

thanks
Sean

also, what would be a good/expected price for the following used parts

1. skunk2 cam gears

2. skunk2 stage1 cams

3. skunk2 stage2 cams

4. ctr cams

Originally posted by habit@Dec 8 2003, 03:56 PM
If you don't want to change the valvetrain. I would say CTR.
:werd:

here is a dyno with my B16 and CTR cams (on ITR valvetrain) and skunk2 cam gears. chipped p28 + vafc, plus the normal i/h/e.

here is a dyno with my B16 and skunk2 stage1 cams (still on ITR valvetrain) skunk2 cam gears. chipped p28 + vafc, plus i/h/e...
but, added was
skunk2 manifold and 64mm bored TB

Last edited by a moderator:
is the smoothness of the second dyno plot due to alot of tuning or due to the type of dyno? or is it the change in intake mani and TB?

I guess I'm just lookin to maximize my mid range power, looks like your low end torque is much better on the second dyno as well... is that the cams do you think or the intake changes?

Back