Slave cylinder question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

flyingsolo

If i replace the slave cylinder on my clutch, will the bleed valve on the slave cylinder bleed all the air out of the clutch or just up to the slave cylinder and not beyond it? I am trying to decide whether or not I want to replace the slave cylinder myself or have someone else do it at a shop.

Yeah, to save yourself a pain in the ass, go to the hardware store and buy a couple of feet of clear tubing the size of the bleeder valve (it will cost less than a dollar). Put one end of the tube over the valve, and the other end in the bottom of an empty water bottle (or whatever like that). THen when you pump the clutch, you wont have to keep turning the valve, just pump away until you don't see any air passing through anymore, and close the valve. Job made easy. Tip: do this for brake bleeding too.

I was able to get it taken care of thankfully. I had to replace the slave cylinder, which was a pain cause there was an extra step that was not in the repair manual that I found out about the long and hard way. But overall I got the problem fixed and my clutch is good to go.

Back