Slipknot bassist dead

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

How is it that they sold out? By signing to a major label? I dont know many musicians that really love eating rammen and shopping at goodwill.

But RIP none the less. I was cranking some Slipknot after work when I heard.

sold meaning that they didnt have to go the metallica route with all the stupid merch and what not. they are good dont get me wrong, but i hate it when there are slipknot coffee cups and shit like that. it just seemed that with corey doing stone suck, slipknot fell by the wayside. they used to be so intense and raw. they lost that at some point, idk why.

sold meaning that they didnt have to go the metallica route with all the stupid merch and what not. they are good dont get me wrong, but i hate it when there are slipknot coffee cups and shit like that. it just seemed that with corey doing stone suck, slipknot fell by the wayside. they used to be so intense and raw. they lost that at some point, idk why.

Dude, How can you say they sold out because they sell slipknot coffee cups? People want that! why not sell it? So is the NFL a sellout too?? C'mon give me a break.

Corey Has been doing stone sour just as long as slipknot, stone sour demo album was burned in 1994!

The latest album isnt as heavy as the one before but most bandslike slipknot AFTER 10 years go a lil softer to attract the younger crowds.

The latest album isnt as heavy as the one before but most bandslike slipknot AFTER 10 years go a lil softer to attract the younger crowds.

i always kinda chalked it up to "its hard to be all pissed off and full of angst when you have millions of dollars"

yeah no shit, He had a shit ton of anger being homeless as a kid and what not. Now he has millions and probably happy.

Dude, How can you say they sold out because they sell slipknot coffee cups? People want that! why not sell it? So is the NFL a sellout too?? C'mon give me a break.

Corey Has been doing stone sour just as long as slipknot, stone sour demo album was burned in 1994!

relax there, DA is a moron, so who cares? let him have his opinion on music, doesnt bother my enjoyment of slipknots music at all.

i still cant figure out which song that was in the first slipknot video i ever saw was... which sucks.

Probably "Wait and Bleed". That was basically their first major single.

Last edited:
Meh, you're from Ohio so your opinion doesn't count.
Whats with all the Ohio hate lately?
Slipknots last few albums have been great in my opinion. I loved the video for Dig when they first came out.
Ooooooooooooh, swing and a miss. Looks like Indiana's opinion mattering is out the window too.
YouTube - Slipknot - Wait and bleed Official Music Video ! HQ
And how can you not love Eyeless?
YouTube - Eyeless Music Video
Never was a real video. but an awesome song.

you could only hope that some one would care to remember you as long as ronnie james dio will be. also he had some of the best guitar players ever in rock music. dont hate so much.

I don't care if anyone remembers me. Doesn't bother me if the day I die everyone goes who the hell is that fucker? All I'm saying is they've been playing holy diver for fucking evarrr and it has brought to my attention, that that is the only song that he ever did that was successful, you know, except the ones that Ozzy made popular. He was a bassist not a lead guitarist. He was highly overshadowed by Ozzy's voice and Zack Wilde's guitaring. Maybe he was alright, but next to two giants he just kinda blended in. Also, as far as famous guitarists go, I would put him on the bottom of the list. Don't know slipknot as well, but I know that the songs I have heard, I've considered buying a cheese grater to scrape my face against as opposed to listening to more. Also, yes, Ohio wins. You know, it sucks, but it kinda wins.

I like slipknot, but i think wait and bleed is a little overrated and WAY too short.

eyeless is fucking epic though

Had to confirm, but yeah, slipknot has only ever had one bass player. Everyone outside of the front 5 just jumps around on stage (Drums, 2x Guitar, Bass, Singer). At least from what I've seen.

Last edited:
Fuck it all! Fuck this world!
Fuck everything that you stand for!
Don´t belong! Don´t exist!
Don´t give a shit!
Don´t ever judge me!

well, im going to jump on the wagon of ohio sucks.
not one place there that i like.

but, also, it sucks that he died, but it was probably his lifestyle that did him in.

i enjoy how everybody jumps into the brittany murphy thread talking all sort of shit about how she was a druggy and a whore and that ultimately caused her demise, but when its a thread about a rock musician, who most likely was an absolute coke head amongst other things, its no big deal and he'll be missed.
lol.

i never cared for slipknot. yeah, they had a few catchy songs, but i just couldnt get into them.
but, again, it sucks that he died. rip.

and on the note of "sellouts" i've said it before, and i'll say it again.
there is no such thing as sellouts. there are people willing to do what it takes to make it big and make big money, and there are people too stupid and/or lazy and/or scared to get out there and do it.
any person that wants to be a musician as a career does not want to sit back and work a shitty day job just to play out on the weekends and never go anywhere.
you want to make it in music? you sign contracts and you sell merchandise. thats how you make money.

you cannot sit here and tell me that you would say no if somebody put a contract in front of you for 5million and all you had to do was say you ate their product. or let them put your logo on a fucking coffee cup.

i would.
i would do it so fast it would make your eyes bleed.

and you dont have to be the greatest vocalist or guitar player to be a legend. you have to know what your fans are going to want to hear, and you have to write songs that they are going to love. you have to connect with your audience and make them feel like they are connected with you.
thats why certain mediocre musicians are legends, not because they were the absolute greatest, but because they loved their fans, and the fans returned that favor.
one thing for any person to remember, no matter how good you are, there is always somebody better. always.

I don't care if anyone remembers me. Doesn't bother me if the day I die everyone goes who the hell is that fucker? All I'm saying is they've been playing holy diver for fucking evarrr and it has brought to my attention, that that is the only song that he ever did that was successful, you know, except the ones that Ozzy made popular. He was a bassist not a lead guitarist. He was highly overshadowed by Ozzy's voice and Zack Wilde's guitaring. Maybe he was alright, but next to two giants he just kinda blended in.

what in the fuck are you talking about?

what in the fuck are you talking about?

D16tardfest was saying that I can only hope that someone would remember me for as long as blah blah blah. I was just reminding him that I'm not wanting/trying to be famous. Also pointing out that he was the bassist for a band that was made by 2 other giants and just happened to be there, and ended up falling on his face solo, and should not be compared to any great guitarist, as he was not a great guitarist.

Back