Slowly building an h22a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

haccord141

Hey guys

should i start with just a bare block, and then slowly buy parts and put them in when i get them. I am planning on turboing down the line, so i was wondering just to buy the block and head, ship it out and have the block resleeved, and the head ported and polished, then put JE pistons and eagle rods with the stcok crank shaft, then buy new valves springs and retainers, cams, and gears and then progress from there, like a new intake mani, i will just keep the stock exhaust mani for now. what do you guys think. And should I go to a junk yard to get just the block, if so does any one know were a good import junkyard is in so cali, if not were could i get just the block and bare head, oil pan and exhuast mani. Thanks in advance for any help.

Peace

Jeff B)

nice member title . . . . .
why dont you want the complete swap?
is this your daily driver?

Originally posted by ek9r@Oct 24 2003, 10:41 AM
nice member title . . . . .
why dont you want the complete swap?
is this your daily driver?

Thanks mang

budget, i was planning on taking a while to build it, and as soon as i buy a second car my accord will be going under the knife.

budgets dont exist in the import world. on a budget? buy domestic.

seriously, if your gonna build a turbo h22, turbo it now. there is no "down the line" when you are building a block. if you are gonna turbo, build for turbo. its not gonna be cheap, but set your goal and stick to it. that shit will be quick if you dont cut corners on the build.

Originally posted by ek9r@Oct 25 2003, 04:34 PM
budgets dont exist in the import world. on a budget? buy domestic.

seriously, if your gonna build a turbo h22, turbo it now. there is no "down the line" when you are building a block. if you are gonna turbo, build for turbo. its not gonna be cheap, but set your goal and stick to it. that shit will be quick if you dont cut corners on the build.

trust me i won't cut corners. The budget i am talking about is time not money. well money is a factor, but I was planning on spending some serious cash on this engine. I just want to take my time and make sure every measuremant is on the dot.

haccord141... i am in the exact same boat as you. the time issue. but i dont even know how to build my engine, or even all the parts in my engine. if you have any of this information on text or a list of parts or something?
please email any information to iknownothingaboutcars@yahoo.com
thanks

get a whole swap.

all the little pieces add up, and are sometimes hard to find, and you might not know what you are missing. at least get a COMPLTE long block to start with... add tranny, etc later...

i would definetly not just start with the block and piece it piece by piece. youll be searcing the world for all the crap unless u buy all new parts which would be expensive as hell. i would just buy a complete and then do what u want to it. would save u time.

Back