smogging a freakin ls/vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

infamouz

So would the referree in california be a bitch if a person had a ls/vtec setup trying to smog. Since its a b16 head on top of a b18a1 block, you would need the ecu for the b16 for vtec right? just felt like asking because taking my car to the ref when i've got an ls motor was hard enough, shit they figured out my name by the third time i came trying to smog my car. CAn anyone please explaine about the ls/vtec and smog. will it go through. Will you fail on visual inspectio???

from what I have experienced w/ the referee..your fucked. The first thing they tell you is that your swapped motor needs to be a factory option in the US and the same or newer year than the chassis being swapped. since a the ls/v is not a factory motor, you might be up shit creek. The only chance you have is to try and pass it as a LS, running on a chipped LS ECU ( without vtec) to pass, then swap to the right ECU once you have obtaineda BAR sticker. Good Luck...

matt

sounds about like what i'm going through....just i dont have a LS VTEC...goodluck at the ref...its costed me another 500 hundred bucks in parts to take it back for a retest...hope i pass..i had to buy a USDM p30 and believe me it wasnt cheap....and a del sol intake manifold/TB a new FPR ...the list goes on.

Quoted post[/post]]
So would the referree in california be a bitch if a person had a ls/vtec setup trying to smog. Since its a b16 head on top of a b18a1 block, you would need the ecu for the b16 for vtec right? just felt like asking because taking my car to the ref when i've got an ls motor was hard enough, shit they figured out my name by the third time i came trying to smog my car. CAn anyone please explaine about the ls/vtec and smog. will it go through. Will you fail on visual inspectio???
they pop the hood in cali? damn that sucks.

ook how about this scenario. right now i have a b18a1 (Ls motor) in my 90 rex si. after the engine swap and stuff i took it to the ref a long time ago, got all my shit sorted out and passed with that damn sticker they put in your door jam. So after that, they said im allowed to just take the car to any smog place to smog because the 1.8 liter was registered in calif. so i guess i can just take the car to a regular smog place now. metaphorically, if i did the an ls/vtec setup with a b16 head, which is what i wanted to do. wouldn't a regular smog place be more lenient, or are they perfectionist like referree's? i dont blame them, its their job to make my life a living hell

Hehe. :) Here in northern Illinois, all you have to do is drive into the booth, they hook up sensors to your gas cap and put one near your exhaust, drive it on this dyno for a few minutes, and thats it. They don't lift up the hood.

if you want get it ref'd with a LS...get the sticker in your door...swap the head for a VTEC head and when you have to smog your car again..hope the smog people don't know any diff.

Quoted post[/post]]
Hehe. :) Here in northern Illinois, all you have to do is drive into the booth, they hook up sensors to your gas cap and put one near your exhaust, drive it on this dyno for a few minutes, and thats it. They don't lift up the hood.
bro i fukin failed one time when we had everything right the second time. This one crazy bitch that look like she hadnt had sex for years took me over to my car for the explanation of the visual inspection. she said everything looks ok, she pointed her cutting knife towards everything and explained where the stock intake was and everything. Next thing you know, she "ACCIDENTLY," cut open a slit on the intake right after the manifold. And then the whore was like " oh no, this wasnt here before. sry i didnt see this the first time kid, but you fail. nice try trying to trick the referree. maybe next time." OMFG. Bieng so pissed, i envisioned her in my head of me just fukin taking that cutting knife, and repeatedly stabbing her in the throat with it, while i take out the intake, and make her breath the air in. fukin skank, piece of trailer park trash, mother fukin " maybe next time kid," fukin asshole as pice of shit douche trick ass, slut ass, ho ass, whore. fuk her.

yes i would. she did look good though

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
bro i fukin failed one time when we had everything right the second time. This one crazy bitch that look like she hadnt had sex for years took me over to my car for the explanation of the visual inspection. she said everything looks ok, she pointed her cutting knife towards everything and explained where the stock intake was and everything. Next thing you know, she "ACCIDENTLY," cut open a slit on the intake right after the manifold. And then the whore was like " oh no, this wasnt here before. sry i didnt see this the first time kid, but you fail. nice try trying to trick the referree. maybe next time." OMFG. Bieng so pissed, i envisioned her in my head of me just fukin taking that cutting knife, and repeatedly stabbing her in the throat with it, while i take out the intake, and make her breath the air in. fukin skank, piece of trailer park trash, mother fukin " maybe next time kid," fukin asshole as pice of shit douche trick ass, slut ass, ho ass, whore. fuk her.

yes i would. she did look good though
hahahahahahaha lmao

so its already barred as an LS swapped chassis?

yeah bro i already did the damn referree thing, so i can take the rex to a reg smog place. i could go underground for $200. what do you guys think.

Quoted post[/post]]

i got you beat.....i dont have to do shit...lol....no tests in florida....lol

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
yeah bro i already did the damn referree thing, so i can take the rex to a reg smog place. i could go underground for $200. what do you guys think.

You can't Ref a head swap and it depends on the Smog place. Some places will catch everything, like a VTEC head on an LS block and some won't care as long as it looks good and passes the sniffer. But if you go and fail because of the head swap, you'll have to go get the car Ref'd again.

Grind the VTEC off the valve cover, repaint, and hope they don't know the difference. And never get stopped by a CHP again.

Back