smokin' GSR brake padz,

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sergey P.A.

ok, today I felt little crazy and basically I was goin' like 100-120 on the city roads,

so I had to brake allot, so after about 20 minuter of driving like that, I parked next to my house and litterally I had smoke coming out of my brake pads, and this shit smels bad,

any wayz I thought my car will burn, by the way I have a 01 GSR, so what do you guyz think I should do, cuz that's like my second or third time,

If I will change the rotors for the bigger once, and better bads,

what kind you think I should get,

1- dont do 100-120 on city roads
2- dont stop the car when your brakes are that hot (drive around a little while using as little brake as possibe till they cool) or you are just asking to warp the fuck out of them
3- better brakes will help you more than bigger ones will

ok, today I felt little crazy and basically I was goin' like 100-120 on the city roads

sometimes i think im lucky coz im not a army grunt patroling the streets in IRAQ.
But sometimes there just guys like you that think their the best drivers in the world and ruin it for people like us that go home safe from this WAR.... :angry:

Do it in the track, and always use a seat belt... :ph34r:

if ur around snow some could of fell on your rotors to make then steem becuase they were extremely hott , but look into slotted and drilled rotors to let them kool faster , and go with a really realible pad

Originally posted by SolLess16@Jan 26 2004, 11:16 AM
if ur around snow some could of fell on your rotors to make then steem becuase they were extremely hott , but look into slotted and drilled rotors to let them kool faster , and go with a really realible pad

drilled and sloted rotors are pretty much just for show the newer compounds used to make brake pads let off very little gas so there is really no need to drill/slot rotors to vent the gasses. Also the more mass you have with the rotor the more area you have to disipate heat. P.S. slow the fook down!!!!

i personaly like mt power slot rotors not drilled just sloted. and the brake pad i am most pleased with are EBC green stuff. that or a set of hawk but the EBC green are the ones i like most and not much dust either.

Originally posted by SolLess16@Jan 26 2004, 12:16 PM

Right off of Willwood brake's site.

Caution on drilled rotors: There is a common mis-perception that rotors are drilled to improve cooling. The reduced mass of a drilled rotor will dissipate its retained heat quicker, but it also builds up heat at a much faster rate. The decision to use drilled rotors should be solely based on the merits of the lower rotating and unsprung weight, and not for improved cooling. It is not wise to use drilled rotors in sustained high heat on hard braking tracks unless the team budget affords a high frequency of rotor and brake pad replacement

We have had like 4 blanks vs slotted vs Drill posts in the past month. The topic is pointless. Use the search button, and dont post stuff if you don't know what your talking about. It is like the blind leading the blind.

"def leading the blind" or "the dumb leading the blind"

Back