SMOKING PROBLEM

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

arpee79

My car has been smoking a bit white blue and it smells like raw gas everytime it gets warmed up and in the begining to accelerate??
how do i fix this problem it has new ARIAS PISTONS 81.41 this dude makes them at 81.41 instead of 81.50mm ARIAS SHOP new rings and all 9.1 compression for my turbo setup
and i have the B&M fuel reg with AEM fuel rail.....hmmm what else, my fuel pressure supposed to be at with 36 or so is this right for my set up i have its at 40psi and i droped around 20 to 30 to see if it made a diffrence still smoking.I cant tell if it oil that its burning cuz my oil pan leaks so i dont know if its burning oil thru a valve seal cuz it loses thru bottom of oil pan ...Dammit i got myself confused.

HELP

I can put the FPR back cuz like the B&M i needed to modify the stock to fit it on the B&M.What i can do is mess with the Fuel Pressure a bit see if that helps but i remember trying that already

As for the head gasket that shit is brand new p30 headgasket block was decked but for being stupid and cheap i bet its the head that needs a decking it had some small scratches on it FUCK FUCK .... Is there another way to check to see if that head is leaking water to the pistons,Will A compression test tell me if it is ???

This block was bored,honed,decked, new rings pistons and head gasket Torque to spec with that 2 step i think its 28 pounds in sequence then 68 pounds final so i did it all right i even used that ARP bolt seizing compound on them.what else can it be to much gas not enough air wich i really dont think so since i have a Cold air Intake
Shit im stuck here (HELP ANYBODY) THANKS

i had a smoking problem after i built my LS motor with jdm b16 pistons, new rings, honed, and the smoke was white. it ended up being my PCV valve. there was no vale in it so basicly i was sucking oil right out of my oil pan. just an experiance i thought i'd share. good luck

OK im still a noob on part names PCV is??? and the vale is where how can i fix or check this out THANKS BRO

the PCV (positive crankcase ventilation) is a valve that takes blowby gas and recycles through the engine to be burnt again it should be on the intake manifold between the NO.1 and NO.2 injectors

it's important to figure out if it is white or blue smoke. White is coolant blue is oil. Unless by some chance you are burning both. It is easy to see if your burning coolant, just take note of the coolant level when the car is at it's running temp (or when it's completely cool). Then check it again after a few days of driving.

maybe your valve seals or whatever they are called need replacing probably some seals somwhere need to be replaced..start your motor then take your rad cap off and check for bubbles,i think that lets you know its your head gasket,,also one last thing try that restore compression oil its in a silver can that will stop the smoking for a week or two..good luck

Compression test your engine to eliminate the oil leakage possibility. IF your engine overheats then its the coolant and most likely the head gasket. Having had both issues at one point in my life...All I Can do is pray for ya and your wallet. :(

Thanks for the reply's but im not wasting any Coolant and i really can see what color the smoke is at 80 mph lol but i get this strong smell of raw fuel,it only smokes when i gun it hard like in first gear only, then it stops smoking tis is wierd.

your probably just running a little rich,i wouldnt worry too much cuz its better than running lean..

Back