So how much do you think I made?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yeah I know. 217 pounds worth of grounding wire, 25 pairs, cat5, cat 3, speaker wire, jumper wire... um... I have more important things to do than strip that all back.

:ph34r: like put your new tires on?!

should have done this a week ago.... copper was up nearly 50 cents a pound :p

LMECusmall.jpg

Yeah I know. 217 pounds worth of grounding wire, 25 pairs, cat5, cat 3, speaker wire, jumper wire... um... I have more important things to do than strip that all back.

Bit of info for the wise. Take a 50 gallon drum , Shove all the wire you can fit in it , Throw some gas or diesel fuel on it and strike a match . Let it burn good . After a few times of throwing more fuel to keep the fire going . Throw some water on it and pull out nothing but balls of copper wire. All ready stripped . Thats what we do about every six months .

Im guessing you cleared 314.50 from the scrap yard.

:ph34r: like put your new tires on?!

I gotta, somehow, find time to get my car to Honda tomorrow so they can change the oil.

Then, I have to, somehow, find time Friday to take it to Hires to have the tires put on.

I've been rushin this week to get some shit done. Still gotta fix my tub drain too. lol

Even before reading any of the replys, I was guessing in the 250-300 range.

I don't have the fucking time for it. I've got a 9-9:30 appointment tomorrow morning at work, then I gotta get my car out there, then I have more planned stuff for work Friday, then I gotta get the tires put on. Then I have to spend saturday fixing the last of the bad drains off my bathtub, and I want to leave for Texas Sunday.

I don't have the fucking time for it. I've got a 9-9:30 appointment tomorrow morning at work, then I gotta get my car out there, then I have more planned stuff for work Friday, then I gotta get the tires put on. Then I have to spend saturday fixing the last of the bad drains off my bathtub, and I want to leave for Texas Sunday.

You dont have ten minutes to change the oil . Boy you must be busy.

You dont have ten minutes to change the oil . Boy you must be busy.

It takes you 10 minutes to change the oil? I call bullshit without a lift.

Do you include actually going to the auto store to get the oil and filter? hmm yeah. see I don't have the fucking time for it right now.

I buy in bulk. Keep filters in the garage with the cases of oil. Get under car and drain oil - 7 minutes. Install oil filter - 1 minute. Fill with oil - 2 minutes. Done.

<----------- Don't change his own oil.

I like having receipts with my brand new car and the first 5 were free. :) synthetic too!

i changed my own oil on my first two cars. I was saving myself a whopping 3 bucks.

It takes you 10 minutes to change the oil? I call bullshit without a lift.

Do you include actually going to the auto store to get the oil and filter? hmm yeah. see I don't have the fucking time for it right now.

Well, I live about 1/2 mile from Advance auto. So about 7 minutes round trip . You can call ahead and get what you want and pay for it with a visa, mastercard, ect.No line to wait in or search for what you need.

I use a floor jack. And one wrench. Takes me all of 5-8 minutes to drain and replace oil and filter.

The main Reason I change my oil . Dont trust jiffy lube, Mom and pops garage, ect. I believe .... Do it yourself and get it done right the first go round.

Different floats for different boats. - Somebody has to keep jiffy lube in business.

Well, I live about 1/2 mile from Advance auto. So about 7 minutes round trip . You can call ahead and get what you want and pay for it with a visa, mastercard, ect.No line to wait in or search for what you need.

I use a floor jack. And one wrench. Takes me all of 5-8 minutes to drain and replace oil and filter.

The main Reason I change my oil . Dont trust jiffy lube, Mom and pops garage, ect. I believe .... Do it yourself and get it done right the first go round.

Different floats for different boats. - Somebody has to keep jiffy lube in business.

Where the hell did I say I took my car to jiffy-faggot-lube? Ask before making assumptions like that.

I take my car to Honda to get the oil change - always have, always will.

Ive always taken my Hondas to the dealership... friend of the family works there... plus makes a better record for resale ^_^
true story

You save only 3 dollars having Honda change your oil? WTF? Their oil changes at the dealer are RAPE! They use Mobil 1. I use RP. I get the Honda oil filters from the dealer at dealer price... but still... how did you only save 3 bucks? That makes NO sense. It cost me 50 bucks to get the oil changed at Honda. It costs me 35 to do it at home. I only take it to Honda when the oil changes are free.

Jamie - I know someone who works there so he just signs the little papers in the owner's manual when I tell him I changed the oil.. he's a tech there but I still don't have him do it. I've been trying to get into the PACT training again... hrm.

Back