SO I came upon this rediculously good deal...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Battle Pope

A friend of mine can get me a '95 Toyota Supra TT... for like 5 grand.

It needs an ECU and a tuneup because it was drowned in fresh water, but other than that it's clean. not sure on the miles but who cares... it's a '95 TT 6-speed! The only thing I am worried about is insurance... anyone know about how much my rate would go up from my '95 Civic Coupe? I pay about 160/mo now.

ALOT! your goin from a economy car to a rear wheel drive turbo sports car...if u really want to know call ur insurance and get a quote

call up your insurance agent, then can give you a quote in about 10 minutes

are you talking about buying one of the worlds finest tuned, clockwork of a technological breakthrough car ? Is it the same car that is the culmination of decades of innovation and technology from a country that is based on it's high tech achievements ?

Are you talking about buying a F*CKING SUPRA that's been in the drink ?

Are you high ?

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity@Aug 4 2004, 10:42 PM
are you talking about buying one of the worlds finest tuned, clockwork of a technological breakthrough car ? Is it the same car that is the culmination of decades of innovation and technology from a country that is based on it's high tech achievements ?

Are you talking about buying a F*CKING SUPRA that's been in the drink ?

Are you high ?

-> Steve
[post=372773]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes, basically. A 4th Gen TT 6-speed :p

before you put money on it...make sure the VIN is good...if it has a Flood title...then most states will not let you register it...

flood car = trouble.

most liekly has a salvage title.

will be a bitch to register, let alone insure....

pass it up. at best, thats a parts car.

I'll have to see the condition. I'm not even sure it was flooded, possibly just hella hydrolocked. I'm gonna have it checked out at least.

I can't even afford an is300, much less an is300 plus the supra... That would kick balls though.

If you pay $160 for a civic... I bet it would be close to $400 a month for a Supra, if not More... that is if they will even insure you.

Probably not.
I pay like $90 for my civic and my insurance won't insure me on an Rx-7 TT, clean driving record, no tickets or accidents.

Originally posted by Hexen@Aug 5 2004, 02:12 PM
If you pay $160 for a civic... I bet it would be close to $400 a month for a Supra, if not More... that is if they will even insure you.

Probably not.
I pay like $90 for my civic and my insurance won't insure me on an Rx-7 TT, clean driving record, no tickets or accidents.
[post=373032]Quoted post[/post]​

If you're going to buy the car, like the other guy said its probably our best bet if you buy the car as a parts car, take the engine and swap it into a non turbo supra or other car and then sell the rest of the car to make more than your money back. You're not going to be able to get a clean title on a car that has flood damage, its always going to be a salvage title so you wont be able to turn around and sell the car down the road. theres a reason why those cars are so cheap...its because no one wants them because theres not much you can do with them.

if it got hydro locked then the motor is prob shot...

flood victims suck ass

if you do get it, within a year you will be kicking yourself in the ass when you get an electrical cluster fuck on your hands and can't figure it out...

hey if you decide you dont want it..pass the info to me i got a freind i told about it and hes really interested in it. Thanks man

I've decided against it... if anything else it would be a parts car to put under/in a S13 or 240z. I'll have to call the guy later to see if he's still got it. Keep your eyes on this thread, allbottledup.

Back