so i finally realized why i suck at driving the M

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The Yaris has this clutch delay on 1st gear launches. Talk about shitty.

Oh yeah, and WRXs have it too - why is this so odd ? Were you driving the STi like this ?

those clutchless manuals suck, you have to fiddle with launch control till you find your perfect spot, and this was in a m3 oh well maybe just me then.

CDV's are in almost every newer car... I still don't see how something that delays RELEASING pressure has anything to do with you missing 2nd gear. It doesn't delay pressing of the clutch, only releasing of it to engage the disk...

My STi has one, and every now and then if I launch it like a car that doesn't have a CDV, the clutch will smoke instead of grab...

The Yaris has this clutch delay on 1st gear launches. Talk about shitty.

Oh yeah, and WRXs have it too - why is this so odd ? Were you driving the STi like this ?

You know, I was thinking about researching this because after this thread was made I was thinking - wow at the top of the clutch where there feels like there is no pressure the clutch still grabs and slips at the top making the car more difficult than any other car I've ever had to shift smoothly.

The xB 5 speed doesn't have that. In fact, it's one of the best shifting new cars I've ever driven. I didn't notice the same phenomenon in the xA or TC... but I DO notice it (Very badly) in the Yaris. It makes it unpleasurable to drive.

Back