so i got them in

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

formby

learning in progress
before i install them i need some guidance......the tokicos' came with what looks like bumpstops on them.......however the springs say to use the stock bump stops and not to cut them.....i think that ill use the shocks like they came...but ill use the dustcover......what do you guys think should i use the stock bumpstops or the tokicos....and i think that i wont need a spring compressor....?????....am i right??

I would use the ones that came with the tokico's to be honest- They're probably urethane or a superior substance to more than likely worn out stockers :)

and uhh, you probably won't need a compressor, shorter springs :thumbsup:

i have an extra stock set of teg F/B shock asemblies and i need the top part that holds the spring on the car........can i use wire hangers to hold the spring compressed while i remove the parts i need??

i have an extra stock set of teg F/B shock asemblies and i need the top part that holds the spring on the car........can i use wire hangers to hold the spring compressed while i remove the parts i need??

are you out of your FUCKING mind???
lol

do you have an impact gun? if so, put your foot on the spring and take the nut off the top... the parts will go flying, but its better than trusting a hanger...

a hanger might or MIGHT NOT work.. you never know...
but you don't want that false sense of security, then you're working on it and all the sudden the hanger gives and the shit pops in your face...
you could use it as a precautionary measure i suppose, but please be careful...

i also think there's no way in hell you could take all the slack out of the hanger... when that spring unloads its gonna either break or stretch the hanger to the point that it prob would make no diffrence if it was there or it was not...

kinetic energy owns j00...

i was going to use like 4 on each spring and they are going in the dumpster after.....i just need a quick hold

bad idea. Go get one from O'Reily Auto parts or something. They rent them for free as long as you bring them back in good shape.

yeah, don't use hangers unless you want your face lacerated....those fuckers are probably holding back alot of power.

me and my friends did it this way.
first unscrew the nut on top of the loaded shock until it is almost off.
then lay the shock on the floor take one of your tires and place it on top of the shock(where the spring is). have a guy stand on the tire. take an old bucket or cone throw a towel in there so it can take teh impact and catch the nut n tools. place the bucket or cone in front of (top assembly) direction of the nut coming off and start to lossen the rest of the nut off. and pop goes the nut and your tools into the bucket. THere you have your top mount. if u have any questions just pm me. its easy and fast and pretty safe.

the fronts can be shot of while still on the car safely- done it a million times - rears must be shot of into a concrete wall while standing on them(if your over 180 im sure this will work )

Stop being lazy and go to Autozone or somewhere similar and borrow a set for free. Springs are under a lot of pressure and could literally take your head off if they hit you in the neck, face, whatever. Do you really want to take that chance? Take a few minutes and go get a spring compressor.

I always just hold the spring with my foot and zip the top nut off with an impact, then fire the shock into a tire- it works every time. It's not safe, but those spring compressors from AutoZone aren't too great either.

Originally posted by Calesta@Mar 4 2005, 12:56 PM
I always just hold the spring with my foot and zip the top nut off with an impact, then fire the shock into a tire- it works every time. It's not safe, but those spring compressors from AutoZone aren't too great either.
[post=469204]Quoted post[/post]​

:p heh tire works to-- i bent a stock steelie once tho! if you dont know what you are doing 0- simply dont do it - simple as that- :ph34r:

well all i can say is WOW ....the ride is awsome....it took me 2hrs to do and it was worth every $$$ ..... i dont spin the tires that much also it hugs the road much..much better....i just fell in love with my car again....

ohh yeah i got a $115.50 ticket for careless driving...coming to my apt....he was cool though...i did not have my licence and the tags are from my teg.....but WOW...it drives like a dream.....thanks for the input

Back