So it snowed....

?

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phunky.buddha

Mad scientist
VIP
It's nothing new to you guys, but Houston gets snow that actually sticks maybe once every 20 years. The last time there was enough snow to do anything, I was 7 years old and built a pathetic lopsided snowman in my back yard. Now I have cars parked outside and a girlfriend that goes crazy writing crap on my windows.

Merry Christmas everyone, and Happy whatever to those of you who celebrate other stuff. :) :) :) :) :)

snow_houston_2k4_med_1.jpg

No flash, and post-Katie-writing-on-windshields. :p

snow_houston_2k4_med_3.jpg

Wow! I think that if you scrape the snow off of your two cars very meticulously, you can make one small snowball. :lol:

Oh yeah and Merry Christmas back at you! At least you got a white one. No snow in Boston... how screwy is that?

thats pretty cool.. i just got back form wisconsin, and last might it was -4, and -18 with the windchill.. to me, that was teh fucking cold, seeing as how the day before i left(monday) it was 78 here..

That's not snow, that's frost.

come to the northest if you wanna see some snow

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Dec 25 2004, 09:48 AM

[post=437032]Quoted post[/post]​

werd. lol, and your saying that stuck. :unsure:

Merry Christmas Mike.

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal+Dec 25 2004, 01:48 AM-->
Wow! I think that if you scrape the snow off of your two cars very meticulously, you can make one small snowball. :lol:
Oh yeah and Merry Christmas back at you! At least you got a white one. No snow in Boston... how screwy is that?
[post=437008]Quoted post[/post]​

It was a lot heavier in the north Houston.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Dec 25 2004, 07:48 AM
[post=437032]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, I know. I've been around snow plenty enough to know what it's supposed to look like. We did actually get a really light flurry in the morning, but pretty much everything that collected later turned into ice.

asmallsol
@Dec 25 2004, 08:03 AM
werd. lol, and your saying that stuck. :unsure:
Merry Christmas Mike.
[post=437034]Quoted post[/post]​

Heh. It sat on the cars at least until this morning. :)

lemme guess....all THAT snow would shut everything down down there in Texas. LOL

Originally posted by friz+Dec 25 2004, 10:35 AM-->
Want to borrow my snow blower?
[post=437037]Quoted post[/post]​
:lol:
TrailorParkPimp
@Dec 25 2004, 04:59 PM
lemme guess....all THAT snow would shut everything down down there in Texas. LOL
[post=437124]Quoted post[/post]​
That's exactly how it is in VA, you would think they would be on top of their shit since we get snow usually every winter. However, 2 inches of snow not even sticking, and everyone flips out and closes everything. Its ridiculous.

I remember when I lived in Chicago, and we got 2+ feet of snow and STILL had to go to school. Ah, the good 'ol days.

Originally posted by dveit+Dec 26 2004, 12:46 AM-->
TrailorParkPimp
@Dec 25 2004, 04:59 PM
That's exactly how it is in VA, you would think they would be on top of their shit since we get snow usually every winter. However, 2 inches of snow not even sticking, and everyone flips out and closes everything. Its ridiculous.

I remember when I lived in Chicago, and we got 2+ feet of snow and STILL had to go to school. Ah, the good 'ol days.
[post=437324]Quoted post[/post]​

LOL yeah i live in Virginia so i know exactly how it is...LOL. the word snow is said and EVERYONE runs to the damn grocery store to buy food like they are gonna get snowed in for a damn month. LOL.

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Dec 25 2004, 02:59 PM

Yeah. Everyone freaks out... it's really dumb. People were driving around with their hazards on, the major overpasses were closed, 30mph on the highway was fast- really really really lame. You'd think people would get a clue.

An interesting fact- a few years ago I drove out to Angelfire for a ski trip, and the Texas highways were the only ones where I saw people rolled over in ditches because they didn't know how to drive on ice. Once I got outside of Texas, people were driving normal speeds, there were no wrecks, and nobody was panicking anywhere. I made it all the way through frozen New Mexico and through the mountain roads on a set of Dunlop SP8000s. You'd think all the Texas people in their 4wd SUVs and all season tires would be able to manage at least as well as I did.

I'm sorry to say it, but Texas drivers in general just really don't know what to do in the cold.

Originally posted by Calesta@Dec 26 2004, 02:47 PM
I'm sorry to say it, but Texas drivers in general just really don't know what to do in the cold.
[post=437435]Quoted post[/post]​

Nope. I'm sorry to say it, but Massachusetts SUV drivers suck at driving in the cold too. Lots of accidents on our roads today. The one fatality was an SUV driver and the 24 yr old passenger had to be airlifted to a hospital as she wasn't wearing her seatbelt and got thrown out of the vehicle. I feel bad, but geesh at least wear your seatbelt.

So the state policeman interviewed on tv begged everyone to stay off the roads unless absolutely necessary.... and if on the roads, slow way down and keep a good distance between cars. A Triple A driver said that he saw 20 vehicles off the roads today, wrapped around trees.

<---- Not leaving the house today. :ph34r:

Wow. That's pretty surprising... MA gets snow every year!

Most SUV drivers in Texas just suck.

Originally posted by Calesta@Dec 26 2004, 10:07 PM
Wow. That's pretty surprising... MA gets snow every year!

Most SUV drivers in Texas just suck.
[post=437548]Quoted post[/post]​

Heavy rains, snow.... MA drivers keep forgetting how to deal with severe driving conditions. And yes, it's the SUV drivers that are either going off the road or slamming into others. They must think that 4WD ownz all, but in actuality it ownz them. The real problem is that Darwin can't keep up with these idiots and SUV owners are just multiplying faster than he can take them out. <_<

Back