So much for president Petraeus

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

We were all in disbelief at work about this on Friday afternoon.

There are a few theories, but I'm sure none of them will prove to be true.

looks like gen allen is getting dragged into this shit storm as well
and it appears it all started from this biographer being a jealous cunt and sending anon emails to a family friend, who happened to be banging Gen allen
lmao, wtf. america loves sex scandals
don't worry about the debt or fiscal cliff, or the terrorist attach in libya... smoke and mirrors

So if someone does something that I feel is harassing I can just call the FBI and they will hack their email right? Recked I think you are spot on; this is basically smoke and mirrors. This has politics written all over it. Never mind the real issues that are about to come to head.

he is being called to testify on the Benghazi incident (debacle)
any lawyer knows, the first thing you want to do if someone is going to be giving potentially harmful testimony against you is to discredit them in any way you can
the testimony is not as credible if the person giving it is an alcoholic, crack head, criminal, pedophile, whore, tax cheat, baby eater, etc...
Petraeus is a highly decorated 4 star general his testimony has the potential to be quite damning if it is not favorable to the administration
so they got what they could, he is an adulterer, he cheated on his wife of 38 years and shamefully resigned from his position as the head of the CIA... now his testimony is not as valuable... he is damaged goods

Mainly this - but this is a little too conspiracy theorist.

In its most basic form, I think its the punishment and excuse for his ousting after Benghazi. Now rather than even have to discredit him - they can say that the problem is already gone, shift blame to him, and the administration can act like they've cleaned up the CIA and have reformed - like the Republicans have continually been calling for after finding out what a cluster fuck Benghazi was.

Yes the election is over, but it's ALWAYS politics. Your grandmother could be on her death bed, and to these people, its always about politics and saving face.

Anyone read about how "threatening" the emails actually were? I read that they weren't death threats or really anything even remotely interesting. The woman that got the investigation to happen in the first place just happened to have a connection that was with the FBI and he was the one who did the digging. He eventually was removed from the investigation because he himself was interested in the woman that had been slighted.

You guys are looking at this all wrong.

It's all presented in lay-person terms. It's all to easy to look at and say "oh, he had an affair."

Oh well. This is the last I'll talk about this one.

You guys are looking at this all wrong.

It's all presented in lay-person terms. It's all to easy to look at and say "oh, he had an affair."

Oh well. This is the last I'll talk about this one.

I am fairly sure I am not seeing all the angles but I know they are there. Why are all of these generals and what not being ripped apart so soon after the election and hot on the heals of Benghazi? But if you throw sex scandal out there the media is more interested in that than anything else.

there was a rumor on cnn regarding a potential weapons deal gone bad
whether the CIA was trying to buy up the arms left over in libya, or if perhaps it was for weapons to be sent to syria
who knows.

there was a rumor on cnn regarding a potential weapons deal gone bad
whether the CIA was trying to buy up the arms left over in libya, or if perhaps it was for weapons to be sent to syria
who knows.
Send small arms everywhere. The problems will work themselves out.

Back