so tell me about headers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vetro

I have a bone stock '96 GSR. The a-pipe is rattling like crazy on it (typical 3.5k mmmMMBUUZZZZZMMmmm noise). I went to the mechanic to get it replaced and he told me a new a-pipe would be ~$500 from Acura. So, I did some research and found out I could just replace the header AND a-pipe with an aftermarket piece for a lot less (and maybe pick up some extra hp -- although not important).

I've heard DC Header is good. Could someone reccommend me a specific model header/a-pipe combo (actually, i don't care if it's 2-piece or 1-piece) to fix my broken pipe.

thnx

What is your budget? And can you do the work yourself?

Originally posted by vetro@Aug 30 2004, 11:39 AM
I have a bone stock '96 GSR. The a-pipe is rattling like crazy on it (typical 3.5k mmmMMBUUZZZZZMMmmm noise). I went to the mechanic to get it replaced and he told me a new a-pipe would be ~$500 from Acura. So, I did some research and found out I could just replace the header AND a-pipe with an aftermarket piece for a lot less (and maybe pick up some extra hp -- although not important).

I've heard DC Header is good. Could someone reccommend me a specific model header/a-pipe combo (actually, i don't care if it's 2-piece or 1-piece) to fix my broken pipe.

thnx
[post=383786]Quoted post[/post]​

I'd like to spend as little as possible while still getting decent parts (equal to or better than stock). And no, I'd get my mechanic to do the install.

Originally posted by Hexen@Aug 30 2004, 04:17 PM
What is your budget? And can you do the work yourself?

Hard to say do you want more power mid to hi or low to mid that will decide if you want a 4-1 or a 4-2-1.

You might just pick up a shop manual and try to do it yourself.

Honestly if you learn how to work on your car, you are going to be able to save A LOT of money. I've been learning over the last couple years with the help of some other members of this board and it has saved a ton for all of us.

That type R header is a good deal.

Will the JDM Civic Type R header bolt right on and fit with all the stock exhaust components? Sorry if it's a simple question, I just don't want to make a 130$ mistake...

thnx again

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Aug 30 2004, 05:10 PM
https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...=0&#entry408993

a member on the board is selling a JDM Civic Type R 4-2-1 header for $130 at that link

pretty good deal and a good setup IMO
[post=383841]Quoted post[/post]​

Another simple question...

the whole point of me getting the header is to avoid having to purchase a new a-pipe from Acura. Will this header setup replace both my stock header and a-pipe or JUST the stock header?

Originally posted by vetro+Aug 30 2004, 10:09 PM-->
Will the JDM Civic Type R header bolt right on and fit with all the stock exhaust components? Sorry if it's a simple question, I just don't want to make a 130$ mistake...

thnx again

Slammed90Lude
@Aug 30 2004, 05:10 PM
https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...=0&#entry408993

a member on the board is selling a JDM Civic Type R 4-2-1 header for $130 at that link

pretty good deal and a good setup IMO
[post=383841]Quoted post[/post]​

[post=384006]Quoted post[/post]​

Back