So...the misses and I were talking about selling the CL

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hosmer

I made the millionth post
VIP
I think we're going to get rid of this:

37ac40f7.jpg

Even if I bring it up to the auction, it'll still do 15-16k

I wouldn't think about, but its pushing 75k AND its an automatic (the only 6 speed on the lot when we bought it was white w/tan leather :thumbsdown:)

If I sold it outright we could pick up a slightly used Cooper S and not have a car payment anymore

But we were also talking about taking the money and putting it on a G35 coupe :ph34r:

-obviously either one we got would be a 6 speed :)

I don't know, we only owe like $1500 on the damn thing, so I could in theory pay it off in a month or 2 so buy the end of the summer I may be cruising in a new "nice" car

wish I could

but if its getting sold, I need to keep all the stock parts :)

I like the Mini Cooper S but think of the fuel economy before making the dive.

Since its supercharged, although its not boosting much, it needs Premium gas and the gas mileage is less than desireable. I've heard around 18-20mpg in many cases, which is bad for such a tiny car.

The Mini Cooper S is desireable because of its awesome nimble handling which is great.

I never had alot of luck with VW's

thats a good suggestion though...I'll def keep it in mind next time we talk about it

Quoted post[/post]]
I never had alot of luck with VW's

thats a good suggestion though...I'll def keep it in mind next time we talk about it

If you can afford the maintenance on it, its a nice car.

They're really, really, really difficult to find since they were only made for one year. Then again, you probably have connections.

They were probably one of the best recent investments you could have made, people bought them one year, drove 20,000 miles and were selling them for $2,000 more than they paid new.

Its all about what you can afford...

I would work over a Mini cooper anyday. Its wrong wheel drive, but it does have a rally heritage, and a heritage of kicking some major ass.

With the mini, I would say the major drawbacks are; maintenance prices since its virtually a BMW, gas prices, the physical stature of the car in comparison with the monster SUVs on the road.

Benefits; The moonroof is practically the entire car, so its basically a convertible - you can even open the monroof with the key. Its small and has nimble handling. It can be made to be fast. Its semi unique. There's a huge aftermarket support for the car, and miata rims can even fit on the car.

The R32 is a cushy daily driver that has a good amount of power. Its basically the small S4. Chip it and mod it and you have a monster of a car. Break it, and you have a monster of a bill.

Quoted post[/post]]
r32's are still going for 32k... freakin cray

bah, you got it in before me.

The thing with the Mini is I could buy one outright...which is great

One less bill to pay

I could also buy an RSX-S and lose the car payment bill

I don't know, we'll see what happens when I get the title for the CL in my hand...

An R32 ran through American (auction) like a month ago and only did 24k

-but it was yellow :thumbsdown:

A TT quattro was also in the discussion...has to be a hardtop though

you still continue to blow my mind
do you get funny looks driving teg's or civics and such?

i see you in a big ole chevy truck with mudders
work.jpg

can you fit in a mini?

Quoted post[/post]]
keep the CL its pimpy :cry:

its the only thing with m4d V-TAK I own right now too

but I got to get rid of it before it hits 100k

Quoted post[/post]]
you still continue to blow my mind
do you get funny looks driving teg's or civics and such?

i see you in a big ole chevy truck with mudders

can you fit in a mini?

yeah, Minis have a decent amount of room

as for trucks, I still have the Excursion :)

back in the day I had a 79 F150 shortbed 4x4 w/44's, an 85 F350 diesel dually, and a 69 Bronco (small lift, 33's)

I would really like to build a turbo diesel truck right now...I wish everyday the Excursion had a diesel instead of the V10

as for trucks, I still have the Excursion

back in the day I had a 79 F150 shortbed 4x4 w/44's, an 85 F350 diesel dually, and a 69 Bronco (small lift, 33's)

I would really like to build a turbo diesel truck right now...I wish everyday the Excursion had a diesel instead of the V10

pics?
lol

those sound like they would fit you a lot more, especially the F150 and the dually

no pics...unfortunatly my "records" don't go back that far

I could probably ask my mom if she has any and scan them in :)

Mini's have, surprisingly, a lot of room. My brother has one, he is as big as me, 6 foot tall, 220lbs, he's got a 38 waist too and he says he has no probs in his mini.

wait til the new r32's and r36's come out, those prices for the older r32's will go down.

never dug the CL, or anything with a pointy front end for that matter. Looks like a damn pirate ship, type ARRRRRGHHHHH!

and G35 FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111

G35 for sure.

The CL isn't bad, but I don' tknow if its quite you...

I liked the mini that is... until I sat in one. Some people say the 350Z has a cheap feel to it. OMG the mini is like a friggin plastic toy.

isnt the MPG good in them?

Back