SOC vtec head on dx Ek hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jdubspeeds

A friend of mine is bringings his car to my shop in a few days and hes wants to put a soc vtec head on his ek hatch dx. Hes got the head a new cam and a vtec solonoid, ecu, timing belt. Anyone does this swap or have some insight on doing this so it goes smoothly?

You will need to run the wires for the vtec pressure switch and the solenoid and you will need the vtec ecu for that year model or use a conversion harness. You will need to use the head gasket from the same year model block as it is in the car! Also there is an oil pressure control plug in the block that will need to be removed. Its on the backside of the block (intake manifold side).You will also need the vtec timing belt. Might as well upgrade the water pump and change it while you are at it! Use the vtec intake manifold and t.b. cause they are bigger! Hope this helps!!

I just need to know what I need to get it to run. We planned on using the dx intake manifold. We have heard from all the people we know to use a y8 head gasket. Why would do you need to use the y7 headgasket?

Back