SOCOM 3

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phyregod

!!YTINASNI
Well, I snagged a copy of Socom 3 last night. Had to go to 4 different places before I found a copy at blockbuster.. For rent. I talked the manager into letting my just buy the damned thing.

I must say, So Far, they have completely destroyed socom. I LOVED part one and two. But part three is a walk in the fucking park. I DONT die at all... Noone does. And the game is FULL of errors and shitty graphics.. I think they threw this one together to harvest one last time.. The AK 47, for example, is NO USE WHATSOEVER over 50 yards. Oh, and you can drive the vehicles.. which is somewhat cool, but they could have spent a little more time on the realism of it.. You'll see what I mean. I think a 3rd grader programmed that part of socom.. Its so basic it isn't funny.

I played for 6 hours last night and am already 2/3rds done. That just pisses me off, I should have just rented the game.

The two highest difficulty levels are locked. That just sucks. What about those of us who have beat 1 and 2 like 10 times each??

The AI, (although gets smarter as you go up in difficulty level) is dumber than one and two. You can cap a guard in the head on a stealth mission with an unsilenced weapon, and his buddy, who is standing 8 feet away just stands there. And they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn most of the time.

This is all single player stuff though, maybe multiplayer online stuff is like, retardedly cool. It better be.

I feel like a sheep. They just raped me for $50 bucks. Took my wool, now I need to return to pasture and STFU.

I Also purchased Ace Combat 5 yesterday. It had better be good. (if its anything at all like 4, I will be thrilled)

ace combat 5 is good
I was looking foward to playing socom 3, but if its that easy, i'll just rent it instead of buying it

I've always felt SOCOM as overrated. It was one of the main reasons I bought a PS2 this year, along with GT4. Both were a waste of my money....

New games I've bought that I'm enjoying a lot are Spiderman Ultimate and Marvel Nemesis. Also got Hot Shots Gold for my PSP, and it's extremely addicting.

Now I'm waiting for Star Wars Battlefront II

Beat socom 3. I finally died in the last level.. DEFINENTLY a renter. Took me two days to beat it. And not one single mission was anywhere near as hard as any other mission in socom 1 or 2..

And it is BUGGY as hell.. There is a tank in one of the levels that just drives its ass off into a 30' deep ditch and starts twitching all over the place because it can't get out.

And one of the stealth missions is all fubar. The one where you blow up the wind mill.. It kept failing me for no reason whatsoever. It would say that I had been detected.. but trust me, me and my team weren't at the time, detected. No enemies anywhere in sight. That level has two different detection bugs in it, I had to restart the level several times, because after restarting to a check point, it would start the game and fail me right away, before I ever moved.

AND.. one small bug, that will only happen once in a blue moon, but happened to me.. there is a chemical plant "brewery" that you have to protect. The very last person you have to kill (you get stormed by waves of 3-5 enemies at a time for about half an hour) goes in and starts shooting the shit out of one of the tanks. I shot him right in the head, he falls over, but as he is falling, he fires off a few more rounds (they do that sometimes) and pops the chemical tank. As soon as I popped his ass, it said mission complete, then, after he fell, it said mission failure. I had to start the mission entirely over. which sucked.

Also, several of the enemies paths are bugged.. they often get stuck on things. And the AI is the worst AI I've seen in a long time.. Far worse than the other two. I don't know why they would do that. :thumbsdown:

Ace combat 5: Nice game, I'm about half way through it (I think).. Nice game play, The story line isn't as good as 4 (loved 4's story line) But its good anyway. Nice game :thumbsup:

Quoted post[/post]]
I've always felt SOCOM as overrated. It was one of the main reasons I bought a PS2 this year, along with GT4. Both were a waste of my money....

New games I've bought that I'm enjoying a lot are Spiderman Ultimate and Marvel Nemesis. Also got Hot Shots Gold for my PSP, and it's extremely addicting.

:worthy: Battlefront II

I should have Quake 4 coming tomorrow too. :)

I play socom 3 as well but online. Play the game on fuckin admiral and I bet you die....I LOVE the socom games I have been a socom junky since socom 1...whats your name online...mine is --AVENGER--.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

:worthy: Battlefront II

I should have Quake 4 coming tomorrow too. :)
I was thinking about pre ordering that too, looks good. SOCOM, may be better if it goes online. I know BF2 on veteren is retarded easy in singleplayer, but the online is great.

I'll let you know how it is. There are a couple people waiting on my reviews. :laugh:

I have no idea about socom's online play. I didn't feel like beating socom 3 3 times to unlock admiral to see if that would improve it. It just wasn't worth it..

At the house I'm still on dial up. Yeah, I was a network admin at one point in my life. Also the lead installer for cat 5/fiber/wireless company. and I'm still in the fucking stone age. Paying 24.99? a month for earthlink dial up. I know, I know...

No online socom for me :cry:

Quoted post[/post]]
Well, I snagged a copy of Socom 3 last night. Had to go to 4 different places before I found a copy at blockbuster.. For rent. I talked the manager into letting my just buy the damned thing.

I must say, So Far, they have completely destroyed socom. I LOVED part one and two. But part three is a walk in the fucking park. I DONT die at all... Noone does. And the game is FULL of errors and shitty graphics.. I think they threw this one together to harvest one last time.. The AK 47, for example, is NO USE WHATSOEVER over 50 yards. Oh, and you can drive the vehicles.. which is somewhat cool, but they could have spent a little more time on the realism of it.. You'll see what I mean. I think a 3rd grader programmed that part of socom.. Its so basic it isn't funny.

I played for 6 hours last night and am already 2/3rds done. That just pisses me off, I should have just rented the game.

The two highest difficulty levels are locked. That just sucks. What about those of us who have beat 1 and 2 like 10 times each??

The AI, (although gets smarter as you go up in difficulty level) is dumber than one and two. You can cap a guard in the head on a stealth mission with an unsilenced weapon, and his buddy, who is standing 8 feet away just stands there. And they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn most of the time.

This is all single player stuff though, maybe multiplayer online stuff is like, retardedly cool. It better be.

I feel like a sheep. They just raped me for $50 bucks. Took my wool, now I need to return to pasture and STFU.

I Also purchased Ace Combat 5 yesterday. It had better be good. (if its anything at all like 4, I will be thrilled)
sure man i have that game too, my names 1nfamouz with a one and a z at the start and end. add me when you come on. i feel like i got scrwed because socom 3 does not have sure shot controls anymore, thats what i used in socom 2, so its like learning the damn thing all ove again.

Back