SOHC TURBO BUILD-UP QUESTIONS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

whos_the_master

I HAVE A D15.I WAS THINKING OF DOING A LS TURBO. BUT FOR SOME REASON I HAVE A THING.For single cams.I wanted to know.After I get a Nice 92-95 SI vtec head.What pistons should I put??? And up to how many pounds of boost. Can I hold? And what other internals should I get. I wanna really aim for 350 Horses..Above 300 whp.

CAN ANYONE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

theirs no way your gonna get 300 to the wheels on stock rods replace those at the same time with eagle rods my friends say their real strong. 300hp is prob. around like 15 psi on a single i would think. the only people i know running turbos on a z6 are running like 10psi at the most for because of stock internals. My friends turbo 4dr 98 ex use to run 14.3 on 5 psi

After I get a Nice 92-95 SI vtec head
dont do it
ive done alot of research on d series turbo and u dont want to turbo a mini me the comp is to high. it can be done but not to get 300hp safely. now if you have a full si motor or an ex than have fun. just resleve, get new pistons, rods, p&p and (i cant stess this enough) good fuel managment

Well Im going to Have the head built up to.For turbo.But as for bottom end. What internals should I use in the block.And how much boost can I run safly to reach 300 whp??????

Originally posted by xyswany@Oct 6 2004, 10:37 PM
350 hp D15? <_<
[post=399353]Quoted post[/post]​

He'll get it....

350HP right as it goes.....

explode.jpg

Originally posted by whos_the_master@Oct 6 2004, 05:18 AM
I HAVE A D15.I WAS THINKING OF DOING A LS TURBO. BUT FOR SOME REASON I HAVE A THING.For single cams.I wanted to know.After I get a Nice 92-95 SI vtec head.What pistons should I put??? And up to how many pounds of boost. Can I hold? And what other internals should I get. I wanna really aim for 350 Horses..Above 300 whp.

CAN ANYONE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[post=398985]Quoted post[/post]​

unless you have deep pockets, keep dreaming. ...and if you do, go get something other than a honda.

better chances with a d16. the d15 parts are hard to come by. i don't even think they make rods for the d15. nvm crower makes them. of the d-series the d15 has the weakest rods. upgrade as soon as possible. plus you'll have to resleeve. again the d-series sleeves are only good for around 12 psi max if using a t3 equavelant sized turbo. you'll need more than 12lbs if you're looking for 300+hp. port and polishing your head would be a hell-yeah as you'll need some mad flow.

i say don't think hp, think faster. (suspension, weight reduction, shifting skills, tires, bushing, traction bar, etc.)

d series sleeves are good for 300-350 hp on stock sleeves. granted some have done more, i wouldnt. eagle h beams and pistons are what you would need to hit 300 whp. the full d16 would be a better choice. parts are more abundant, and you do get a lil more displacement, which is always good to force more air into. dont build the head, its not necessary. you should be able to hit 300whp on a stock head. if you do build a z6 head- ill recommend either the crower turbo cam or the zex 59300 and matching valvesprings. if you do do a mini me, you can either get lower comp. pistons, doublestack stock headgaskets, or keep the compression and get a ignition timing controller of some sort and retard that shit to prevent detonation. definately w/o a doubt get arp headstuds, d series heads are beyond notorious for lifiting under modertate or more boost condtions. for 300+ whp, you will also need urethane mounts, as the stock ones will break in no time, a badass clutch, perhaps a lsd, and good fuel management. tuning is key! good luck

Yeah pretty much what this guy above me said. Just get yourself a set of eagle rods and forged pistons if you want 300whp. Good tuning and fuel management is the key.

Originally posted by Arachnid@Oct 7 2004, 02:46 AM
plus you'll have to resleeve. again the d-series sleeves are only good for around 12 psi max if using a t3 equavelant sized turbo.
[post=399443]Quoted post[/post]​

Sorry, but you are wrong. The rods/pistons will go before the sleeves. The sleeves can handle a lot with good tuning. I am running 12 pounds right now on my completely stock (rods, pistons, sleeves, etc...) d16z6 and I plan on running more once I get my tial wastegate. The only thing I will be worried about is a rod flying through my block.

Yup, I've seen plenty of people boost ridiculous amounts of pressure on the stock D series sleeve. You don't necessarily have to resleeve to boost over "12 psi". Plenty of people hit 250-300whp on the stock sleeve with just a rod and piston upgrade.

Ok I found a old 97 ex engine in my garage.But The oil pan has a hole in it.The kid that owned this didnt have turbo or anything, so it must of been a rod that came out the bottom.

You guys think I should rebuild this block in stead of the D15??

How many pounds you think I should run???

T3 or T4?????????/

Should I disconnect the vtec or tune that too??????????????

What king of fuel management would be the most sucessful???
greddy blue box???
400cc injectors???????

THANK FOR ALL YOUR HELP GUYS BY THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOUR ALL THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As long as the bore isn't damaged beyond repair that a simple .5mm overbore couldn't fix and the bearing journals are all ok, I would say go for it. You're going to replace everything else anyway.

How many pounds you think I should run???

T3 or T4?????????/

Should I disconnect the vtec or tune that too??????????????

What king of fuel management would be the most sucessful???
greddy blue box???
400cc injectors???????

THANK FOR ALL YOUR HELP GUYS BY THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOUR ALL THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

uberdata and it's free. but then some shops won't tune it though. haters don't wanna touch nothing that don't have tech support or something like that. hondata is a nifty product and may get expensive. but since you're doing a full build don't skimp out so just go hondata. doesn't matter what injector (above 400cc) as long as it's tuned you'll be fine. but then you're looking for 300whp so go high cc and tune. 20psi and have fun. i'm not a turbo guy and don't know much about injector sizes and such and am just giving you a base on where to start. ask beerbong or some other turbo whores to help you out. no offense. lol

Back