solo II suspension setup

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

twisted civic

I'm lookin for some advice from experienced solo'ers -

'00 civic - front strut brace, frt lwr tie bar, Agx frt struts, rr siR struts, teg frt sway bar, engine swap, ra1's, rr lwr tie bar, rr sway bar removed temporarily, have rear strut brace (not installed), a little negative camber and toe in to help turn in.

Since I put the motor in, the power is great but, my car naturally pushes a little more now.

I had to remove the rear sway bar temporarily because it wouldn't fit with the exhaust I'm currently using (couldn't use my other exhaust because the engine was way too loud).

I was thinking about going with some integra springs to stiffen things up.

Does anybody have any recommendations (other than put the rear sway bar back on, or learn to drive better) about how the car could be set up to push less and rotate more easily?

any help appreciated,
thanks,

stiffen rear end or loosen front end. once you get that rear sway on try removing your front sway bar. what size rear bar are you going to be using?

Originally posted by twisted civic@Jul 12 2004, 11:13 AM
19mm

Thats too small of a rear bar IMO. What class it for, STS? I am assuming so, well I would go with at least 350 fr/450 rr spring rates, if not higher with a 22+mm rear bar. Even so, the car will still have a natural tendency to understeer on the throttle. Do you have an LSD? If not, get one before anything else. Why did you go with the Integra front sway, is it larger? If so, replace it back to stock, that will only create more understeer. A good auto-x alignment and corner weighting will make a huge difference too.

Back