Some advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

importdj

Import DJ
I have a 92 honda civic with a b18c block and a b16 head obd1. I love how it runs. Great in high rpm. Havent had a problem yet. I have completly rebuilt the engine. Block was built by golden eagle and head was built by jg. Everything is built from top to bottom. I just finished adding the hondata s300 on a p28, type-r transmission, edlebrock victor x manifold, 65mm throttle body, aem fuel rail, aem fuel pressure regulator, headers, intake, etc. Honestly I would go for it. Recently my vtech has been studdering. I think my vtech solenoid is about to go out. So Im trying to find out if I can replace it with a jdm type-r vtech solenoid. Still gathering info on that but yea its a great setup. When I bought the car it had already had the swap in the car but completly stock. Alot of people have told me its a strong setup. I like this setup but I do admit the b16 head is more sensitive to heat compared to the gsr or type-r head. The b16 is more likely to warp if the engine overheats. So I recommend if you are goin to race your car upgrade your cooling system. It will help you out in the long run. but If you got any advice of replacing the b16 vtech solenoid with a jdm type-r vtech solenoid. and if it is possible which one would be better B16 type-r or b18 type-r vtech solenoid???

Back