Some facts and some things I want to know

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
Probably been discussed before but I figured why not again.

Some facts I learned today.

- D series and B Series Dizzy caps are damn near similar and a CX cap fits on an LS Dizzy.

- D series alternators will work on B series engines with a little modification, just a little grind on the adjusting bracket and it fits perfect. Mine was for some reason is a mitsubishi unit.

And I want to know, what the hell is the sensor on the back of the block of a b18a1, I just wired it up to whatever plug fit cause I didn't mark the harness. There is also a 2 pin male connection comming out of the back too, I have no idea what it's for. Lastly, do I just "T" off all the extra vacuum hoses to central source?

93 hatch/ 90 b18a1

I converted the OBD0 dizzy to OBD1 while I wait for the new one, ya think I'm gonna have any problems with it?

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1+Oct 27 2004, 07:31 PM-->
- D series alternators will work on B series engines with a little modification, just a little grind on the adjusting bracket and it fits perfect. Mine was for some reason is a mitsubishi unit.
i'm pretty sure b-series alt's are more amps, so be caful of running your system dry.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Oct 27 2004, 07:31 PM
And I want to know, what the hell is the sensor on the back of the block of a b18a1, I just wired it up to whatever plug fit cause I didn't mark the harness. There is also a 2 pin male connection comming out of the back too, I have no idea what it's for.

you gotta be more specific or post a pic.

92civicb18b1
@Oct 27 2004, 07:31 PM
Lastly, do I just "T" off all the extra vacuum hoses to central source?

you can T-off of anything, but just be sure its done correctly so as to not limit to orig. line from getting vacuum.

93 hatch/ 90 b18a1

I converted the OBD0 dizzy to OBD1 while I wait for the new one, ya think I'm gonna have any problems with it?
[post=408297]Quoted post[/post]​

obd0 and obd1/2 electronics are different. if the insides of the dist. you made does not match the obd of your ecu, you will have problems and possibly fry the ecu.

good to know, im just gonna get rid of the obd0 dizzy, it don't think it works anyway but figured maybe I could try it and see what happens, since I'm gonna use the Cx ECU first I'm not too worried as long as it won't damage anything but the ECU.

I'll try to get a pic of the thing on the block, its next to the oil pressure sensor on the back of the block.

I'm not sure what you mean "dry" but I got one of those jump starter things (for free of course) in case the battery drains if that's what you're trying to say. I don't have any extra stereo equiptment or anything.

I could get the vacuum lines to work properly if not I'll get a thing like you have on the sol. Can't remember the name of the part.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Oct 27 2004, 07:31 PM
Probably been discussed before but I figured why not again.

Some facts I learned today.

- D series and B Series Dizzy caps are damn near similar and a CX cap fits on an LS Dizzy.

And I want to know, what the hell is the sensor on the back of the block of a b18a1, I just wired it up to whatever plug fit cause I didn't mark the harness. There is also a 2 pin male connection comming out of the back too, I have no idea what it's for. Lastly, do I just "T" off all the extra vacuum hoses to central source?

93 hatch/ 90 b18a1

[post=408297]Quoted post[/post]​

I think the two pin sensor on the back of the block is your cooling fan sensor :)

HONDA DISTRIBUTOR RULE:

You can use the same year distributor as or newer distributor with your ECU. If you use a newer distributor, you will have to do some wiring.

Examples:

OBD0 ECU = OBD0, OBD1, OBD2A, or OBD2B distributor
OBD1 ECU = OBD1, OBD2A, or OBD2B distributor
OBD2A ECU = OBD2A or OBD2B distributor
OBD2B ECU = OBD2B distributor

When wiring up a newer distributor, just match the colors. Plain and simple.

You CANNOT use a distributor that is older than your ECU.

Back