some help for a noob

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dustinbs144

Can someone lead me in the right way? should i get a civic that has been swapped with b series swap or get a all stock civic and do it my self? some people have told me that it is easy but idk if i can do. some insite on this topic would nice. thanks.

depends on who did the swap originally and whether it was done correctly - a lot of swaps done by people that don't know what they are doing can end up being a nightmare, particularly when it comes to the wiring - unless you have some experience with swapping, you probably wouldn't know what to look for to determine if it was done correctly - we have had cars in the shop with swaps, done by people that didn't know what they were doing, that were so screwed up that we literally had to start over on them to get everything working correctly - yes, a lot of people will say that a swap is easy and to some people, they are, if they have done a lot of work with cars and have the proper tools to get it done - what is easy for one guy may be impossible for the next - if you are not sure if you could do it, chances are that you would have problems - a lot also depends on what engine is being swapped into what car - swapping a B16A into a 91 Civic Si is a lot easier than swapping a B16A into a 91 Civic STD model - if you want it done right, either have someone that has done a lot of swaps in different model cars do it for you or do your research into what needs to be done and do it yourself - never get friends that did a swap on their car to help you unless they did the exact same swap on the exact same model of car and did it correctly - otherwise, they don't know any more about it than you do and can lead to all kinds of problems

if you look around for deals you can find a swapped car cheaper than the swap itself. and depending the condition of the car you will probably spend a good amount on the stock one then you have to add in the price of the swap and then timing belt water pump etc

Back