Some Input Needed....?#$%

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMilan

Well, so this situation goes like such:

My best friend and his girlfriend told me some disturbing news. Basically we all went out last night to TGIFriday's for some drinks. Long story short - they informed me that a good good friend of mine is HIV positive. So this news came as a shocker to me, I mean he had his fair share of intercourse in college and he is still in college. But, he never told me and he also doesn't personally know my buddy and his girlfriend all that well.

Basically, he told his fraternity brothers about the situation, then one of them told another person, and you know how it goes from there. So, I just don't know if I should bring it up to him (since he never told me about it).?? Shit, I don't even know how to handle the situation from now?? I feel really bad about him being tested positive since he is going to medical school next year and he is a really good kid..........

hmmm...guess just venting, but let me know your thoughts..

thanks
Milan :sad:

if he wants to tell you about it, he will. leave it at that....

and don't drink from his cup... or something

if he wants to tell you about it, he will. leave it at that....

I'm with Brian on this one...but don't let it destroy your friendship if you are really good freinds...don't act like everything he touches is contaminated or something...unless he's bleeding on everything...lol, sorry...sucks for him though, majorly

Disagree.

I would be honest, tell him you heard it from someone else, talk about it, get it out of the way, and enjoy the rest of the time you have together. I know all too well about not having enough time with someone, and I regret it almost everyday of my life: what I would have said if I had known, and just spent more time with them in general. Don't let him procrastinate, or put it off.

Originally posted by Havok@Aug 1 2004, 01:37 AM
Disagree.

I would be honest, tell him you heard it from someone else, talk about it, get it out of the way, and enjoy the rest of the time you have together. I know all too well about not having enough time with someone, and I regret it almost everyday of my life: what I would have said if I had known, and just spent more time with them in general. Don't let him procrastinate, or put it off.
[post=370987]Quoted post[/post]​

i'm with Havok on this one!!

Originally posted by TurboMirage+Aug 1 2004, 12:02 AM-->
obviously he told the wrong people :(
[post=370970]Quoted post[/post]​

I agree with this...

Havok
@Aug 1 2004, 01:37 AM
Disagree.

[post=370987]Quoted post[/post]​

which is why I agree with this too...

if he hasnt told you yet, there has to be a reason why.. i wouldn't press the issue very much. he will tell you when he's ready.

I'm siding on the let him tell you when he is ready side.

Originally posted by 90 accord@Aug 1 2004, 02:24 AM
if he hasnt told you yet, there has to be a reason why.. i wouldn't press the issue very much. he will tell you when he's ready.
[post=370996]Quoted post[/post]​

yea maybe the reason why is, fear of loseing his friend!?! plus, there's no time like the present!!!
i've known "alot" of people. that would tell not so close friends things before they would tell there close friends!!

doing things later on in life. is not the best solution!!

it's not like you have to press it on him. like a ton bricks. just casually mention that you heard about it. and that you would like to be there for him(if that's what you wan to do!?!). and all that good stuff!!

I'm with Brian.

I agree with Havok to a point, but people are living with HIV for decades now. With early diagnosis, and proper treatment, your buddy may outlive many of us on this board. Spend more time with all of your friends and family if you miss them, because any person may die tomorrow from natural or unnatural causes.:shrug2:

treat him like the friend he is. It would suck to be him, and he's gonna need all the support he can get.

Back