some problems with my hybrid

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shifter

have an eg civic with b16a sir 1 swap and YS1 tranny with lsd from integra XSi 92-93.

first problem. i used obd-1 distributor with p28 ecu with p30 programm in it. and i am getting jumpi idle with eacv not plugged in and FIV removed. i closed idle srew fully and close throttle with my hand and engine still idled. where i can get a leak? a checked IAT sensor. it nt leaking. a checked eacv. i am thinking now about intake gasket..

second major problem. i have made clutch to hydro conversion. and used my new ACT clutch for B16A2 in that tranny. but when i tried to roll at streets i got one wheel spinning and other not spinning. i jacked up fronty of my car and set tranny in 2nd gear. left wheel i can stop with hand, but right i cant. and i somethime i can to even spin right wheel when car at hill. so basicly now car sometimes goes with only one wheel... what cause that? something wrong with stock LSD? btw, what type LSD equiped YS1 tranny from factory? and i didnt got any shtamps "LSD" on the tranny housing, but there no bar in axle hole. how i can tell is that lsd stock on not stock?

1) Make sure vacuum hoses are hookled up right, check to make sure the radiator is properly bled, Chack for leaks around the IM, and throttle body, you'll have to listen.

2) If there is no bar, there's a LSD (maybe it should be there, and something inside is broken). As far as the problem, not too sure, probably something internal.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Apr 4 2005, 01:49 PM-->
1) Make sure vacuum hoses are hookled up right, check to make sure the radiator is properly bled, Chack for leaks around the IM, and throttle body, you'll have to listen.

all vacuum hoses i checked million times. and i cant hear any leak, cos i have no exhaust for that swap. i will put a turbo on it, so i dont searching an exhaust.

92b16vx
@Apr 4 2005, 01:49 PM
2) If there is no bar, there's a LSD (maybe it should be there, and something inside is broken). As far as the problem, not too sure, probably something internal.
[post=482622]Quoted post[/post]​

there no bar and i looked at photos in internet. it look like at photos. so i think it's defenatly lsd there. but something wrong. will 92+ b16a clutch work in YS1 tranny?

i sisnt get any strange soud from a tranny when it moves.

btw, when car jacked it's easy to spin left wheel than right, but both wheel spins with hands with engine swithced of and tranny in 2nd gear.

If it is a 1st gen B16A than the output shaft maybe to small, you might just be destroying your tranny. Though I think you'd notice it being the wrong clutch when putting it on. Try a 90-93 Integra clutch.

no. it;s a 92-93 integra xsi jdm tranny. it's a cable, but it uses hydro type clutch with bigger input shaft.

Interesting, I always thought the pre 94s had the same size shaft. Maybe you should pull it and open the case, for an inspection.

i think i will do that cos i dont know what can cause that. i just hope that someone can help with that.

Originally posted by SixtySecondAssassin+Apr 4 2005, 03:49 PM-->
a trick i use to finding a vacuum leak is to spray throttle body cleaner around the suspect area(ie where manifold meets head, where tb meets mani, etc).

and what i have to see? i will not get any bubles cos there vacuum

SixtySecondAssassin
@Apr 4 2005, 03:49 PM

clutch city lists differnet part numbers for the clutches:
http://www.clutchcityonline.com/special.htm

i thought there was a difference between the flywheels or something, not sure.
[post=482712]Quoted post[/post]​

i thought that diffrence in pressure plates are only spings. in cable tranny they are softer then in hydro tranny. but everything else is same.

but may be really i have just a slipping clutch 'cos it for b16a2 tranny actualy?
i have a clutch and flywheel from b16a2.

Originally posted by shifter+Apr 4 2005, 09:57 PM-->
SixtySecondAssassin
@Apr 4 2005, 03:49 PM
a trick i use to finding a vacuum leak is to spray throttle body cleaner around the suspect area(ie where manifold meets head, where tb meets mani, etc).

and what i have to see? i will not get any bubles cos there vacuum

[post=482716]Quoted post[/post]​

What you will get is the engine revving slightly, because the fluid will go through the leak.

wich tranny fluid i have to use? i use 10w40 engine oil. may low oil level can cause such strange things with lsd? cos ther nothing any strange noises. when i changed oil after buing a tranny i got clean oil from tranny... and so on. and it rotate wheels.. but it's looking as it's slipping somewhere.

Back