some questions?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

elpaisa

thanx a lot for thsi forum.
well i have a 94 ex 5 speed accord, i am planning to swap a h22 hopefully from the same generation.
i found a mechanic that is going to charge me 700 dollars to do the motor swap, but he has never done it or anything like that. the h22 its gonna come with with the ecu, trans, and most of the components,my questions are: :huh:

what kind of wiring do i will have to change?
if i have the h22 ecu do i have to still change or lenghten cables?
do i will need the 97 prelude fuel rail?
thanx a lot in advanced. :worthy:

you can re use the original harness...it should be an easy swap...but ive never done an accord h22 swap...but youll get your answer
A. if you search
B. one of the H guys sees the post
C. you research...if i could help you more i would....

700 is very cheap...make a written agreement...because he can turn around and say it was a pain and charge you more... just because he did not know what he was doing...

if i were you i would find a shop that knows more about hondas....

thanx ..i was thinking is better spend that extra money on headers and other parts .. but thats the point the mechanic knows about parts and everything but he doesn't wanna messa round with cables and wirings...
well if you or someone knows someboy that kwnows about doing this swap here in orlando please let me know...
i apriciated thanx

there are a few guides to this. If your mechanic doesn't want to do all the work, then don't let him do it. Bolting up the motor is one of the easiest parts.

Read some posts, and check out my guide. Search a bit.

Back