something is grinding when i let the clutch go

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

komat

i did a jdm b16a swap into my cx

the car started up the first time
i got hte motor from hmotors

i let hte car idle for 30min b4 start driving it

oil has been change motor and tranny

so after idling for 30min
i took it for a drive
so right when i get out of my garage i hear a major grinding sound
the sound only happens when i stop and go not when i change gears(if it does happen i dont notice it since u barely hold hte clutch in while changing gears)
it grinds right when the clutch catches then once the clutch is in all the way the sound goes away
i have mix comments on what it is
the input shaft bearing and throw out bearing

also if i shift alot it wont let me go into gear unless i turn off the car and put it into gear

its sometime hard to put into gear without any force
so what do you guys think it is

Did you put a new clutch in it befor you swapped it? My JDM B16 goes in monday and I am having them put a new clutch in it. If you didnt get a clutch kit that comes with the pressure plate, clutch disk, throw out berring, and i think a pilot beraing? yeah well get the SET not just one piece. Its normally a 5 doallar part you dont replace that destroys a 1500+ motor! If it keeps doing it get a tranny rebuild or a new tranny!

yea i havnt gotten a new clutch since it came with a stock one
didnt think it would bad

thought i could drive on it for a while b4 it goes out

yeah its most likely the clutch. Its gonna be a pain to change it with the motor in! Have fun with that!

Originally posted by drpenguin@Apr 24 2005, 12:04 AM
yeah its most likely the clutch. Its gonna be a pain to change it with the motor in! Have fun with that!
[post=490698]Quoted post[/post]​

i have a friend that has access to a lift
so it wont be that bad :p

you can use a jack and pull it from the bottom. this is the most common mistake people make when they buy a used motor to swap out. allways a good idea to chage the clutch when gettin a new swap in your ride. you might aswell have don it before you put the motor in the car. It aint gonna be that hard to do as long as you have the basic knowledge of trans pulls. let me know if you need info on somthing.

ya boy steveo

Originally posted by 96CIVICLS@Apr 24 2005, 06:58 AM
you can use a jack and pull it from the bottom. this is the most common mistake people make when they buy a used motor to swap out. allways a good idea to chage the clutch when gettin a new swap in your ride. you might aswell have don it before you put the motor in the car. It aint gonna be that hard to do as long as you have the basic knowledge of trans pulls. let me know if you need info on somthing.

ya boy steveo
[post=490752]Quoted post[/post]​

thanks if i have a question i let you know

my friend pull and change clutches alot of the times he can do it within 90min or less

i got a new problem now
if i leave it in gear after stepping on the clutch
sometime the clutch doesnt release
i know my clutch master cyl is working
going to switch out my slave from my cx tranny

my tranny was grinding a week after the swap was done, turned up to be the throw out bearing and all the oil in the tranny leaked out, one axle seal was the wrong one, seized up the tranny 2 days after the grinding started, so dont drive to for to long.

Originally posted by ripperbone@Apr 26 2005, 06:53 PM
my tranny was grinding a week after the swap was done, turned up to be the throw out bearing and all the oil in the tranny leaked out, one axle seal was the wrong one, seized up the tranny 2 days after the grinding started, so dont drive to for to long.
[post=491769]Quoted post[/post]​

yea i dont plan too
its scary that it stays in gear

and so gay if i cant go ingear from a red light

i got a new clutch and flywheel coming in

Back