something ive been pondering on

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
ok so now hasport has their mount kit out for the hydro trannies to bolt into the 4th gen civic/crx, along with the cable-hydro conversion kit. also theyve had the hydro-cable conversion kit out for the newer gen civics for a little while now. heres my question: can you buy just the tranny mount for hydro trannies from hasport, along with the hydro-cable conversion. convert the tranny to cable actuation (sp?) and bolt it up to the 4th gen chassis but still use cable actuaion. to me this seems like a good idea, you will be able to run a stronger tranny with stronger internals (mmm ITR tranny sounds nice :) ), and would be an easier install in the 4th gen chassis since you wont have to convert the car over to hydro. might be a little more expensive since you may not need some parts included in the hydro-cable conversion kit, but it seems worth it to me. someone please let me hear your thoughts on this. if i am mistaken please point it out to me. and hell if this works, then all of you can :worthy: to me. :lol: . this discussion is open for any and all comments.

i was reading through the hasport site and it seems that for the hydro-cable conversion, all the changes occur at the tranny. i can see this being easy for this conversion but going from cable-hydro seems more difficult. seems like you would still need to run all the lines for the hydro and everything like that. does anyone know how their cable-hydro kit actually works? doesnt seem like my idea will EXACTLY work since i was going on the assumtion that the conversion took place to the chassis and tranny and not just the tranny. any info is helpful, i jus wanna know exactly what the cable-hydro conversion does, since theres no installation instructions or anything reguarding this matter listed on the website.

you would have no extra parts and yes it would work. The cable to hydro conversion kit is a lever that takes the place of the clutch activation solinoid (sp?) adn converts it to a cable system.

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Sep 23 2003, 05:03 PM
you would have no extra parts and yes it would work. The cable to hydro conversion kit is a lever that takes the place of the clutch activation solinoid (sp?) adn converts it to a cable system.

so then you have to open up the tranny for it to work? if so then you will only need a kit with the appropriate mount and the coversion kit. guess ive just been owned by myself, lol. thanks for clearing it up, becasue on the site all they have is pictures and they dont tell you what does what.

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Sep 23 2003, 05:29 PM
no it external it was in honda tunning it a lever and a braket on the back of the tranny

oh ok. i was confused becasue i was under the impression that the hasport conversion required you to run the hydro lines and still use cable actuation. thanks for the info. which honda tuning was this in, i wanna check it out and see exactly needs to be done. thanks for clearing everything up.

Back