sorry to ask

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

942drcivic

so i have been readin pages and pages about swap stuff and find my self more confused then ever. so i will ask my question and hope u guys dont tear me apart for askin the same ole questions all the time.

i took my b18b1 outta my wrecked 96 hatch i bought a 93 ex coupe (ej1 right?) the wiringis all jacked so i wanted to swap it out so should i use a harness of an obd1 dc chassis or the wiring from a civic d series motor??? tryin to do it all right and i have full access to a yard that has full complete harnesses i just dont kno which to use any help would be awesome. thanx.

as long as the wiring is cool up to the plugs at the shock towers...

easiest would be to use the engine harness from a 3rd gen integra (94+)
OBD-1 or 2... doesnt really matter just get the one that matches your engines OBD... they both will plug in to the plugs at the shock towers on the 5th gen civic

then use an OBD-1 integra ECU and you are all set to go

so is a 95 teg obd1 or 2 and how do you tell? i heard that if the valve cover has a pcv valve opening its obd2. my b18b1 does not have the pcv breather so im assuming its obd1??? thanx your info was still really helpful

so it would appear that by lookin at the harnesses that my motor has an obd2 dizzy on it. so will obd 2 harness off a 96 teg work and i will just have to use the jumper that was in the hatch with the motor????

also it seems that the motor is a obd1 converted to obd2 bc there are plugs that go nowhere on the motor that on the obd2 engine are hooked up to sensors that my motor doesnt have? does this seem right???

Back