Spark Plug Threds broke off in the cylinder, HELP!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hypnotik174

hey, well today i did a compression test on my d15b SOHC, everything went good, put my plugs back on and all the wires. started it up to let the extra fuel from the wet test run out of my car for like 10 mins. went to my friends house and took out my spark plugs to check them becuz i forgot to look at them when i was doing compression test. i did it in a rush , and the engine was still HOT when i was bolting the spark plug back into the cylinder it was getting tight like i was just about done then suddenly then damn spark plug thred broke off from the actually spark plug.

Say this is a regular spark plug -==||(((((`-

the " (((( " are the threds . They broke off when i was torqing the spark plug in.

Now the spark plug is like -===||==-

its bare and the damn threds is stuck in my cylinder, u can see through the hallow part ,and straight into my piston.

Now im pissed and im broke no money to spend for a machanic.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to take this thing out.

Take off the head? then go from there?

do some kind of rethreading on the inside of the threads and somehow take it out?

Please helppp my HONDA I LOVE U ALL!

I know it broke cuz the engine was still hot n stuff. i need help to take this out.

Originally posted by hypnotik174@Apr 19 2005, 10:05 PM
hey, well today i did a compression test on my d15b SOHC, everything went good, put my plugs back on and all the wires. started it up to let the extra fuel from the wet test run out of my car for like 10 mins. went to my friends house and took out my spark plugs to check them becuz i forgot to look at them when i was doing compression test. i did it in a rush , and the engine was still HOT when i was bolting the spark plug back into the cylinder it was getting tight like i was just about done then suddenly then damn spark plug thred broke off from the actually spark plug.

Say this is a regular spark plug -==||(((((`-

the " (((( " are the threds . They broke off when i was torqing the spark plug in.

Now the spark plug is like -===||==-

its bare and the damn threds is stuck in my cylinder, u can see through the hallow part ,and straight into my piston.

Now im pissed and im broke no money to spend for a machanic.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to take this thing out.

Take off the head? then go from there?

do some kind of rethreading on the inside of the threads and somehow take it out?

Please helppp my HONDA I LOVE U ALL!

I know it broke cuz the engine was still hot n stuff. i need help to take this out.
[post=488946]Quoted post[/post]​

the only real help i can be of is yes, i suggest you take the head off, and get a tap and die set and get it out.

:werd: It's very very easy. Buy an eas out set at schucks, use it, then return it afterwards.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Apr 19 2005, 10:39 PM
:werd: It's very very easy. Buy an eas out set at schucks, use it, then return it afterwards.
[post=488962]Quoted post[/post]​

Whats an easy out,how does it work? ive never heard of it, ive never heard of Schucks either :( .
i got ride aid, autozone, kragen, etc.. Will i be able to find a Easy Out there.

Thanks

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR@Apr 20 2005, 03:24 AM
yeah easy out can be bought at autozone
[post=489037]Quoted post[/post]​

Roger Easy out worked, took it out in less then 2 mins. thanks guys

Back