spark plug wire pops off

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
ok guys, im a litle stumped. for those who dont know, the general setup is 94 b18c1 in a 91 crx si. anyway, my #4 cylinder spark plug wire keeps poping off the sparkplug. seems to happen when having the car running for like 20 mins or more, or when i floor it/racing. the only thing keeping it on is the sparkplug cover on the valve cover. it doesnt come completely off and still fires but it comes off about a quarter of an inch and im afraid theres some power loss when it happens because of the loose conection. im not positive if theres a loss but it feels like it but maybe its in my head. anyway its really annoying to pop the hood everywhere i go so i can push it back down. i have no idea whats causing this to happen. any ideas on how i can keep it on there (i really dont wanna glue it on or anything like that because i wanna be able to get it off if i need to)?

btw im running msd superconductor wires. and im pretty sure its not the wires because ive had them on my car for about 6-8 months and this has never happened before. all help is appreciated. thanks.

I had the same problem with MSD's in my F22. I've simply chalked it up to MSD wires being shitty wires. It never happened when I was running the stock Honda wires in my H22 or F22, nor did it happen once I switched to running Magnecor's in the H22.

Moral of the story? Get rid of the shitty MSD's. :)

Edit: By the way, my problem also happened like yours, where I was running them for months without a problem, then all of a sudden, they started popping out.

My stepbrother has the same problem with his zc motor. He has some ghetto 9mm wires, and yeah it does the same exact thing. Get oem, and they will be fixed I am guessing.

If your spark plug washer is on backwards then your plug will back out and the compression will blow the boot out. Try switching your spark plug thats blowing the wire to another cylinder and see if it blows that wire.

Back