speed governor on 92-95 civics

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

does a stock 92-95 civic ECU have a speed governor?? a friend of mine clains to
have gone 146 mph in his stock civic 1.5L non vtec i think its bull shit but he swears it hits 146 with no problem. my stock accord fuelcuts off at 125 and its hard to beleive thay my accord has a governor and his dosent

befor my swap on an oil leaking 93 dx 118 all day. there is no way and if he said he put it in to 5th to do it you know he full of it. if i wound out 4th and droped it into 5th i would drop back to 95-100ish and no more, if not if i just kept going in 4th id hit my red line at 118(190km/h euro tac).

dosnt the dash only read up to 120 in those years civics

there is a line that goes to 130

You know how long it would take to make the d15 get up to 146 miles an hour. I dont have the distance or time to wait for that one to happen. And no it cant happen the gears arent long enough to do 146. But why would you wanna go that fast anyway? That is way too fast for the streets.

yes there's a speed limiter, and all the honda one's i've seen are between 117mph and 127mph. your friends a stupid ricer, or his speedo is off, a lot!

Originally posted by projekteg@Nov 19 2004, 03:28 PM
yes there's a speed limiter, and all the honda one's i've seen are between 117mph and 127mph. your friends a stupid ricer, or his speedo is off, a lot!
[post=419287]Quoted post[/post]​

maybe hes looking at kph and thinking its mph lol

Originally posted by b204dr+Nov 19 2004, 02:52 PM-->
projekteg
@Nov 19 2004, 03:28 PM
yes there's a speed limiter, and all the honda one's i've seen are between 117mph and 127mph.  your friends a stupid ricer, or his speedo is off, a lot!
[post=419287]Quoted post[/post]​

maybe hes looking at kph and thinking its mph lol
[post=419301]Quoted post[/post]​

could be if so kick him in the nuts

Originally posted by ReDLiNe_9700K@Nov 19 2004, 01:55 PM
does a stock 92-95 civic ECU have a speed governor?? a friend of mine clains to
have gone 146 mph in his stock civic 1.5L non vtec i think its bull shit but he swears it hits 146 with no problem. my stock accord fuelcuts off at 125 and its hard to beleive thay my accord has a governor and his dosent
[post=419261]Quoted post[/post]​

I ran 120mph in mine with 4 fat people in the car on a flat highway with the stock D15B7 and automatic transmission. I seriously doubt that your friend did 146mph though. There's just not enough power in the engine to carry the car at that speed. You can even work it out mathematically and prove him wrong.

:shrug2:

My DX didn't seem to have an electronic limiter. It's supposed to though.

I pinned my speedo in my old single cam. But my ECU was chipped. And it sure as hell wasn't a DX. I can't remember if I had a governor before that though....

the gears in a dx tranny are plenty long to do 145.
but unless it was a steep downhill for 3 miles, it simply didni't happen. no way it has enough power.

as for the speed limiter, i've found that my p28 will shut off at 128 in 5th, but will not top out in 4th at all.

my h22a computer limited at 120. but i bought a cheap ass 20 dollar chip off some guy on ebay, i had it put in, and it actually worked, i can rev it to 9 grand and ive gotten up to 7700 in fifth on the highway one night, i almost shit. my civic has suspension mads and all, but it needs tie rods, so it's not so stable.. well anyways, 7700 in fifth is 154 mph. if i wasnt in front of a mustang, i wouldnt have done it. lol :D

Originally posted by hondah22acivic@Nov 22 2004, 07:48 PM
my h22a computer limited at 120. but i bought a cheap ass 20 dollar chip off some guy on ebay, i had it put in, and it actually worked, i can rev it to 9 grand and ive gotten up to 7700 in fifth on the highway one night, i almost shit. my civic has suspension mads and all, but it needs tie rods, so it's not so stable.. well anyways, 7700 in fifth is 154 mph. if i wasnt in front of a mustang, i wouldnt have done it. lol :D
[post=420638]Quoted post[/post]​

I took my girlfriend's 2001 prelude to redline in 5th gear. I think it was around 147 mph. It was fucking fast, that's for sure....

Originally posted by pheonixb16aguy@Nov 22 2004, 08:13 PM
did she have a chipped ecu too ?
[post=420668]Quoted post[/post]​

No. How's your girlfriend? Oh wait..... :p

i've ran a m3 and he said his needle was berried at 140 and i was like 2 cars behind him. i have never hit cut off in mine .

I have a 1993 civic SI and I Barried the spedometer at 120 and was at 5800 RPM and my Red line is 8. I took it all the way to 8. Im not sure how fast I was going but I'm assuming 130.

Bullshit thread........

It take a lot of power to do 150, period.

A DX won't do it, I've driven several. 130, okay, 150, like pissedoffsol said, 3 mile downhill with no rev limiter.

Back