1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speedometer going crazy

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by Pvtjoker122, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Pvtjoker122

Pvtjoker122 New Member

I have a 97 Civic EX with a B20B swap, and GSR tranny, and just recently the speedometer has started jumping around randomly to different speeds, whether I am at a stop or not. The trip and odometer are still working along with it, so it's adding unnecessary miles to my car when it reads high speeds regardless of how fast I am actually going, so it's starting to piss me off. I thought it might be the VSS, so I tried replacing that ($170), and it still had the same problem, so I took it back and put the original back in. My only other guess is that a ground may have vibrated loose possibly, since I do have stiffer motor mounts so is a lot of vibration, I dunno, I'm not sure how sensitive a system like that may be, plus I have had the motor mounts a while. Is it possible the gauge itself is just bad? Any Ideas? Thanks.

2. Pvtjoker122

Pvtjoker122 New Member

nvm, got it fixed. Apparently it was a blown fuse.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted