Speedometer Hook-up ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

steelbuster

I am installing a SiR B16 with LSD cable trans into an '89 civic SI. JDM engine came with electric VVS sender mounted on trans. Removed sender and now am looking at an adapter bolted on the trans with 1 bolt. Cable from 89 SI requires a different adapter for the cable. Can I just unbolt and swap adapters? I saw some info somewhere that if the adapter is unbolted from the trans, the pinion will fall off inside the transmission. True? I an't seem to find an answer to this problem anywhere and it must be the same for all SiR B16 swaps isn't it?

I did a similar swap, but my trans was a Y1 with no lsd, but i removed the VSS and was able to slide the cable into the hole, i had to modify the boot a little, but i have been problem free for a month now.

Couldn't get the speedo adapter out of the old D16 trans..frozen in...so just removed the VSS, left the VSS adapter in place and made a nice little cable holder that fit the cable and the adapter.

Thanks

Back