speedometer problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondacivicguy05

ok i got a 91 civic hatch and my speedometer is not working right i can be goin down the road and it only goes up about 20 or 30 mph and i know i'm goin faster than that i pulled the cable out from the peice on the tranny and its in the right can it be possible that the peice that goes in the tranny be messed up and making it not work right :confused:

this may sound stupid but can i get one from the parts store or go to the dealer or go find one ine the junkyard

parts store im not sure dealer you can but it will be really high priced junk yard you can to, but i would just look at ebay they always have lots on there

ok cause i was looking at the ebay listing that you put up and it was for the cable itself i was just wondering about it

it could be your cluster thats effed potentially. in which case replacing the vss and speedo cable wont change a thing. However its hard to diagnose without having a spare cluster to swap in.

i had change the clusters out awhile back and i got so frustrated with it and left it like its was so i might just go ahead and replace all of it

Back