speedometer problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondacivicguy05

ok i got a 91 hatch d15 b2 mpfi swap well since i have had the car had it 2 months then the speedometer quits on me well about a week ago i pulled the motor for a rebuild and was looking at the tranny tryin to figure out the problem pulled the peice out that the cable goes into gear is good the one in the tranny looks good also so i spin the drive gear for the tranny and the gear moves then if you stick your finger down there and touch it and it quits moving and i try stick the other piece back in and it still doesn't move or anything any ideas sorry for the long post

hows the power steering system? on the 91 accords they have problems like yours. its due to a loss of power steering fluid. yeah i wondered WTF myself but that was what it was. see if there are any power steering lines running to that part that the cable goes into. let me know if i can help you more. i can look it up on a computer system i have. this is all just a random thought because of the issues with the accords around your year civic

pull out the gauge cluster to make sure that the wire is still connected.

damn i just looked this up. its only like 3 steps.now this is for the B1 trans i'm guessin you have and is the same for the B2 also. STEP 1-disconnect battery. STEP 2-remove caps, then the 4 instrument cluster bezel attaching screws. STEP 3-remove the 4 cluster ataching screws then pull cluster rearward and disconnect speedometer cable and electrical connectors. do this to check that the speedocable is still in the speedomete head. so dont actually disconnect the speedometer cable unless you want to for some other reason

Back