1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spoon It Or What?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by jbzny1, Jun 23, 2003.

1. jbzny1

jbzny1 Junior Member

I am going to change out my motor and I was looking to get the gsr motor to go into my Ls, but I was also looking at spoon motors My questions are what do you all think of spoon motors and what would you prefer GSR or spoon :ph34r:

2. vtecsir1

vtecsir1 Senior Member

as much as i love spoon and respect them they are over priced, you could buy a new type r motor for the cost of a spoon gsr motor. my opinion is buy a gsr swap for 3500 shipped, thats the whole swap mind you. get new pistons and rods and get all new gaskets and other new parts like t belt water pump etc. more for your money. edit- since you already have the things you need for the swap you could get a long block or longblock tranny combo

3. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Spoon doesn't have GSR assemblies, B16A, B16B, and B18C (ITR).

4. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

Spoon does have nice quality products but their intention is to produce replacement parts for oem and circuit racing. A lot of their parts are engineered to produce hp figures in the midrange. I would not buy a spoon crate motor/longblock. You should consider actually how much dollar you end up paying for one hp. You have to decide on whether you are going NA or FI, then we can make a recommendation based on your car and year it is along with the most hp producing parts.

If you are going NA, then I would recommend a ITR complete swap as a drop in and never touch your motor again. Since you do drive an Teggy, then I would be looking for more tq to pull more of that weight out of the hole. It also depends if you want to just drag this ride, or Autox.

To put it another way, I would only consider buying a couple parts from spoon such as suspension components, wires, sideviews, and CF components such as their rear wing and front lip.

Milan

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted