Spoon Sport P73

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

webink_EK9

I found a Spoon Sport p73 ecu for my civic. Are their ECU's tuned well? Anyone ever run one? Its like $350 and if I get it, I could just sell my oem p73 to offset the cost. Let me know what you think.

how do you know its authentic??? Thats the only reason i would say be careful sounds like a good deal but I dont know how much it would help.

its being sold by hmotors, so I figure its probably legit. I don't know if it would help, but if thats a good price, I may try it

see if you can get a picture of the inside of it first. OBD2 ECUs are rather hard to modify, and I'd be very wary of getting ripped off. "stock" OBD2 ITR ECUs will have a 66507 or 66573 "brain" chip. Reprogramemd ITR ECUs will have a 66P507 chip, and in all likelyhood, a socket too.

see http://www.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/view/Library/ChippingOBD2

hmotors has pulled some *shady* shit - I don't buy from them at all anymore. They sold my buddy a JDR ITR motor with a bad oil pump. After less than 100 miles needed new crank, block, head, cams, rods because of oil starvation. Steve was unwilling to warranty the motor, and Kevin got fucked for several grand. Not cool at all. He sent me an auto ZC when I paid for a manual. Not anywhere as big of a deal, but still...

You really never know. The only way you know if that shit is authentic is if you buy it from Spoon themselves, and that is pretty hard.

And to tell you the truth, 350$ is quite steep when you don't even have a dyno chart to see what your getting.

Back