spoon

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

swaps'r'us

my firend was telling to swap a spoon into my car, anyone have any specs on it?

how hard is it to install?

A spoon? isn't it about 6" long with a cup at one end to scoop up soup, and a handle to hold it on at the other?

A spoon what? what are you swapping?

a spoon motor? im sorry but i think your friend is retarded cause i dont think a spoon motor is worth the money at all

:lol:

edit: and its way too expensive [usually]

Hector came into Harry's today. He's runnin' three honda civics, with spoon engines, T-66 turbos, with NAWS, and a MoTec system exhaust.

He watched the gay and the curious too much...
<_<

All a spoon in your car is going to do is get caught up in the timing belt and fuck it all up. All a "Spoon" motor is, is a stock Honda motor, that has been blue printed and balanced to Spoon specifications and some Spoon spec'ed parts. Nothing special, for the money you can build a MUCH stronger motor. They are around $6000 for a BARE long block.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Oct 12 2003, 01:59 PM
All a spoon in your car is going to do is get caught up in the timing belt and fuck it all up. All a "Spoon" motor is, is a stock Honda motor, that has been blue printed and balanced to Spoon specifications and some Spoon spec'ed parts. Nothing special, for the money you can build a MUCH stronger motor. They are around $6000 for a BARE long block.

wow looks like my buddy is selling the spoon gsr motor he has for way too cheap! lol

he's trying to get rid of it for 4000

:blink:

Originally posted by 2 litre EG+Oct 12 2003, 11:03 PM-->
@Oct 12 2003, 01:59 PM

wow looks like my buddy is selling the spoon gsr motor he has for way too cheap! lol

he's trying to get rid of it for 4000

:blink:

I talked to a guy in New Orleans about a year ago, he had them for around $3500 said he didn't believe in gouging prices because something is popular, good to have ideals and all, but money pays bills. But I don't think they make a GSR assembly just B16A, B16B, and B18C (ITR), at least i have never seen one for sale.

sporksports1.jpg

spoon engines are for racing, ie endurance under stress. They are barely even powered up, or strong for that matter. They don't need to be.

Originally posted by khrisb@Oct 12 2003, 04:52 PM
Hector came into Harry's today. He's runnin' three honda civics, with spoon engines, T-66 turbos, with NAWS, and a MoTec system exhaust.

He watched the gay and the curious too much...
<_<

Why the hell would you turbo a spoon engine? Spoon specializes in NA performance dont they. Boosting it would be sort of counter productive. :huh:

Back